Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-09-2018, 05:56 PM   #1

All our waters gone!!

Hello,

We have a 2019 Eagle trailer and for the 3rd time we might have a leak. Today all our waters gone! We have a 125 gallon external tank that’s fully insulated and a heated water hose running into the RV. We leave the blue valve turned to the city fill and it’s been working perfect for 6 months. We also leave the RV’s water pump turned OFF and the tank full of 75 gallons incase the 125 gallon external tank runs dry and we don’t get around to filling it ASAP.

Well today the 125 gallon tanks empty and we just filled it. I turn off the external pump, switch the blue valve to tank fill, turn the RV pump ON and again no water. I check the fresh water holding tank and it’s bone dry also.

How could the external and internal both be dry specially when the internal RV pump was off??

Last night we placed straw around the RV so I thought we hit a drain valve. The right rear white drain valve was a little turned but to empty I think it has to be tuned almost 180 degrees and it was only slightly turned like 10-20 degrees. With the straw it’s hard to feel for wetness. I did see a drop of water up in the valve though.

What really scares me is there is a pair of water hoses (red and blue) sticking out of the belly by the water fill location and on the outside it’s labeled “water drain.” But there’s no valve! When I turned the blue valve to tank fill and turned on the RV’s internal pump I did see a little water spit out. If that’s my leak location where do I check the valve to close it??

Attached below is the red and blue hoses I’m talking about. This is not my picture but what I’m talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
773B1B19-FAFE-4988-8AB1-68D58A6A289B.jpg  
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:39 PM   #2

If the drain lines are under the storage there should be a cover on the wall over the lines with 2 screws. Remove cover and you will see valves. Pull up to open push down to close. If you lost that much water on the ground it should be very noticeable.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:42 PM   #3

You’d think right? The ground by the two red and blue lines does appear to be wet specially when I saw the water come out when I turned on the RV’s pump. Not 200 gallons wet though. There’s no access for these lines that I can see.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:59 PM   #4

Those are the drain lines to winterize. There's got to be valves somewhere. What's the model # of your rv.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:08 PM   #5

I believe it’s a 330RSTS
Old 12-09-2018, 08:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
I believe it’s a 330RSTS
The 2018 manual say that wherever the low point drains are located on the outside the valves will be located above them on the inside of the rv. Does not give much info.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
The 2018 manual say that wherever the low point drains are located on the outside the valves will be located above them on the inside of the rv. Does not give much info.
Hmm. Well the rear right is a white valve and it was semi open but not enough where the hole in the valve lines up with the hose for water to come out. It’s closed now so... The rear left is a pull out black valve and it’s closed. Both are on the outside clear as day with stickers on the RV saying low drain here. The 3rd low drain is the ones I’m talking about with no valves I can see. I’ll try to find them inside.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:48 PM   #8

I have an 18' 324 with an outside kitchen. In order to get to the T valves for the low point drains, I have to pull one of the outside kitchen drawers out and reach in behind it to open/close those....FYI.

Once you find the valves, the red line should drain your hot water lines, blue for the cold...just make sure to open all the faucets and shower to let them drain, if and when you do want to drain it for freeze protection.
The old- 2001 Jayco Qwest
The new- 2018 Jayco Eagle 324BHTS
2018 F-150 Ecoboost
vwprostock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:41 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwprostock View Post
I have an 18' 324 with an outside kitchen. In order to get to the T valves for the low point drains, I have to pull one of the outside kitchen drawers out and reach in behind it to open/close those....FYI.

Once you find the valves, the red line should drain your hot water lines, blue for the cold...just make sure to open all the faucets and shower to let them drain, if and when you do want to drain it for freeze protection.
We are staying in it so no draining needed. Need to stop the draining. I’ll look for them but they should have never been touched and unless it froze and broke they should be ok. I don’t know why any waters coming out of them!
Old 12-09-2018, 10:44 PM   #10

Tomorrow all I can do is fill the tanks and watch and wait.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:36 AM   #11

Quote:
I believe it’s a 330RSTS
I have the 2018 330RSTS and the valves are under the bathroom sink to the left in the rear is the only low point drains I have.
I have a water fill gauge attached to the hose and the tank is 65 gallons. I tested it after the water heater was full plenty for 10 showers and dishes for 5 days. Never fully ran out of water.
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:14 AM   #12

I have a 2017 330RSTS and rodro123 is correct.

Unscrew the false panel behind the vanity door and under the shelf. On mine, the low point valves are black in color and are plunger type valves vs. one that turns and aren't all that big so you may have to look close to find them. Mine are almost hidden behind the water pump.

When we first got our unit, they looked closed (pushed down) but really weren't and when we first connected city water, it came pouring out underneath. I had to pull up on both of them (one hot, one cold) and then push them down again to get them to fully close.

Also make sure the fresh water tank drain valve is closed. Mine is located under the LR slide towards the rear of the trailer, is white in color and is what I call a spigot valve.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:10 AM   #13

I have a 330rsts and the valves for the low point drain are under the bathroom sink. I've been in northern Wyoming since early September and had no water issues. I've just been on city water with a heated hose and never put any water in the tanks. Just leave the tank drain open.
Tankfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:27 AM   #14

Quote:
Tomorrow all I can do is fill the tanks and watch and wait.
Sounds like a good place to start. 200 gal of water should not be hard to notice. Confused as to how an external tank functions in your set up. It isn't under pressure so seems the only way to get it to flow into the RV is via pump or maybe syphon. For both tanks to go empty with the demand pump OFF is a real mystery. Keep in touch as to what you find.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:41 AM   #15

Well I think I fixed it.

I got water in the external tank and fired it up. Sure enough all the water was coming out those lines in the underbelly but only the blue line. Those underbelly lines are in the bathroom under the sink going through the floor. I popped the access door and the valve was open. It’s a spring loaded valve. WTF?!
Attached Thumbnails
805AFB83-FD53-4585-8146-FF5FCBF495B6.jpg  
Old 12-10-2018, 09:49 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Sounds like a good place to start. 200 gal of water should not be hard to notice. Confused as to how an external tank functions in your set up. It isn't under pressure so seems the only way to get it to flow into the RV is via pump or maybe syphon. For both tanks to go empty with the demand pump OFF is a real mystery. Keep in touch as to what you find.
I have a 125 gallon tank sitting on my car trailer. I built a little house around it with 2” foam like a water cooler. Inside the house is an extension cord with a light bulb, a pump, 2 house water filters and the electrical end of the heated water hose that runs to the RV. It’s basically a city water setup that I can take and fill. So far that little 75w bulb keeps the “house” from freezing inside and the heated hose is rated at -20°F.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:51 AM   #17

Basically my setup.
Attached Thumbnails
DBD71B93-266F-4666-B6A1-7F596012E10C.jpg  
Old 12-15-2018, 12:59 PM   #18

Look under the bathroom sink. There are two black valves near the outer wall, that pull up for open and down for closed, that should be your low point drain valves.
shvanhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 01:24 PM   #19

My forest river I traded for my jayco( I have t gotten my jayco yet) had those same pipes but mine had caps on it with rubber gaskets. Jayco May have valves up inside with remote handles. Not sure. Try calls no the dealer and ask about those pipes and where are the valves. They may be open but that would only drain your external tank not the internal one with water pump off.
Sounds like you may have multiple problems like that valve was partially open on the drinking water tank drain AND the valve on the low,point plumbing drain was also slightly open. Put a pot under each, refill both partially and let it sit a while.
Warrenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 01:30 PM   #20

Pretty sure those lines are just overflow drains. They are in the same place as my jayco.
alwalk63 is offline   Reply With Quote