Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-11-2018, 08:32 AM   #1

Talking Amazing Deals / Bad Deals

So, I don't see much talk on here about deals that people have gotten on new Jayco Trailers, I thought I'd start this thread. Hopefully it's helpful and I don't see anything in the rules against it.

I'll start with the deal I'm signing today, which I think is an amazing deal.

2018 Jayco 29BHDB

Big family owned dealer in Michigan. Custom Ordered

Options selected:
Customer Value (Mandatory)
Elite Package (Mandatory)
Saddle Color Package
Thermal Package
15,000 BTU A/C
Kitchen Skylight w/Shade
Hide-A-Bed
39" LED TV
Electric Auto Leveling System (BAL 5.3 System is what Jayco is using)
Aluminum Rims
Roof Ladder

MSRP $38,120
Selling price before tax: $22,840 (includes $125 "doc fee" AND brand new Equalizer 12K hitch installed)

40% discount from the listed MSRP.
This deal involves no trade. I'm feeling really good about it.

They are tagging one currently on order, but not started production at Jayco factory to make the adjustments to my options, will be off the production line around March 10.

I got this deal but working 3 different dealers and I was willing to drive 4.5 hours to pick up as it can only be delivered at one of their Michigan dealers even though we have one local.
seanb61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:06 AM   #2

That IS a great deal! I just got 40% off MSRP on a 2017 Jay Flight SLX 267BHSW; supposedly dealer cost, since he gets a dealer rebate from Jayco on 2017 since it's last year's model. We're quite a bit further from the factory than you though so destination charge was probably a bit more.
sasiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:41 AM   #3

Don't forget to factor in finance charges if applicable. Cash is king!
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Seneca View Post
Don't forget to factor in finance charges if applicable. Cash is king!
Financing a portion (1/3 maybe) with my Credit Union and there are no fees.

Cash is indeed king.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:45 AM   #5

Thats one sweet deal, not many get 40% off on a new ordered unit. Sounds like your dealing with General RV.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:40 PM   #6
dee

That is crazy good. I would think now is a better time to buy vs the middle of the summer like I did, LOL! ~20% off
Old 01-11-2018, 01:56 PM   #7
Site Team

That's a good deal, MSRP looks to be a bit inflated though. Jaycos website will tell you what actual MSRP is on their build and price site.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
That's a good deal, MSRP looks to be a bit inflated though. Jaycos website will tell you what actual MSRP is on their build and price site.
Right, MSRP on Jayco site doesn’t include dealer cost for delivery or prep. This is a cost they have to cover somehow. So in this case the msrp is a bit higher, rather than being a separate line item. I’m aware and yet still happy with the deal. Other dealers where much more with same msrp for these options. Keep in mind I’m getting a 12k equalizer hitch included in the selling price.
Old 01-11-2018, 04:14 PM   #9

like anything if you think it is a good deal it is.. if it isn't you wouldn't buy it.. something is only worth what you are willing to pay at the time the person is willing to sell... simple as that..

sounds like you got a good deal at 40% off ... even if the MSRP was a bit higher you would still be in the mid to high 30% off... is it a WDH hitch or just a hitch I am not familiar enough to know..

best time to buy is now... in 2 months they won't be as "generous"

enjoy your new camper.. read up on what to look at before you pay for it when you take delivery...
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:19 PM   #10

Congrats! Is appears that 29BHDB has so many more options than 28DSBH had...
bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:26 PM   #11

I found this post helpful. Planning to make my purchase soon.
Octopus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:17 AM   #12

Nice deal, enjoy that rig when it arrives
Old 01-12-2018, 07:25 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
is it a WDH hitch or just a hitch I am not familiar enough
Yes, Weight Distribution Hitch by Equalizer... installed by the dealer at delivery.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:27 AM   #14
Site Team

For those who haven't purchased yet, shop, compare and take your time. There are great deals to be had out there. But, you have to be aware of all of the charges. Some places will have great list prices but then tack on high dealer prep fees, delivery charges, finance fees, etc. Also, please do your research on the availability of warranty service and repairs after the sale. That great deal may soon not seem so grand if you cant get decent repair work done when you need it.

I cant stress this enough, please make sure that you are truly comparing equivalent deals and buying from locations that offer good service before you purchase.
Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:00 AM   #15

Absolutely, couldn't agree more. Do your homework, don't walk into your local dealer without ammunition to get you the best deal.

Shop at your local dealer to see the models you like, but don't buy anything on first sight. Go home, get written quotes from multiple sources. I used RV Direct, and RV Express (Indiana Elkhart based dealer) to get competing quotes took them to local dealer and they wouldn't even come close, but gave me the "we won't service you if you don't buy from us pitch".

Ended up going to another local dealer in IL, General RV, they didn't sell Jacyo which I knew, we went to look at other options. However, one of their sales guys referred me to a Sales Manger at a location in Michigan which does sell Jayco, when I told him I was going to buy the Jayco elsewhere most likely. That sales manager was amazing. He matched the prices I had elsewhere, including the hitch and then I said "If I'm going to drive 10 hours round trip to get this camper, matching isn't enough". At that point we added the Auto Leveling System without changing the price and that was enough to push me over and sign with them.

I also confirmed that General RV will do Jayco Warranty work at the local shop even though they can't sell them their due to territory restrictions. They do sell Highland Ridge product, so they are in the Jayco family already.

I'm persistent, patient and take the time to find the right deals. This is my 3rd trailer in 3 years. The first 2 were hybrid's that I got used (private sales, no tax) and sold a year later for the price I paid for them when I figured out that long term a hybrid wasn't for my family.

So, again, the point of this forum is to try and help those currently shopping get a deal they can be happy with, no necessarily at the absolute lowest price they can find.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:46 PM   #16

Just got back from the Cleveland RV show. Looked at Jayco TT and FW. Discounts ranged from a low of 30% to a high of 38% off MSRP.
Hope that helps those shopping. And remember that dealers will call these "Special Show prices" but in reality, they can offer those type of discounts all year long, not just during shows. Go into negotiations armed with prices from other dealers (even if they are out of state) to show that you've done some homework and your informed. I walked in with my manilla folder filled with prices, specs, questions, etc... Dealer had no choice but to cut right to the bottom line because he knew I did my homework.
Good luck to those shopping. Enjoy that time.
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:20 PM   #17

I'm noticing that some of you are getting really good deals on the mid-level units, such as those with MSRPs of $30k-$40k.
Is it reasonable to expect a 35% or even 40% price reduction on the less expensive units, such as the 26bh?
Wanting to get the best deal we can get, but don't want to make an offer that won't be taken seriously.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:43 AM   #18

We bought our Northpoint from a family dealer here in Michigan too. They gave me a great price on my trade in and we got the new one for 30% off the sticker price, tax, title, and plate otd. I checked the MSRP of ours against the same unit at different dealers across the state and out of state, and it was right there. The day we picked it up my mom and dad ordered their first travel trailer from the same dealer, same salesman. They got theirs for about 32% off and the dealer threw in a $1k hitch. Ends up that same dealer and salesman sold at least 2 other units from word of mouth from us. A year after the sale of ours, I called to make an appointment for some minor warranty work to be done this spring and they actually remembered me. I don't know if this is a good thing or not. I guess I'll find out in about 10 weeks....
Old 01-13-2018, 10:43 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
I'm noticing that some of you are getting really good deals on the mid-level units, such as those with MSRPs of $30k-$40k.
Is it reasonable to expect a 35% or even 40% price reduction on the less expensive units, such as the 26bh?
Wanting to get the best deal we can get, but don't want to make an offer that won't be taken seriously.
Don’t make an offer. Spec out exactly you want in options, color, etc from RVDirect website. they will email you a really good starting point for fair price. With all details.They don’t negotiate but give you a fair price upfront. Then shop that price as equipped with other dealers you’d be willing to buy from even if it means traveling to pick up. My local dealer would have custom ordered what I speced out but still wanted 1,000 more than the rvDirect quote. So I shopped it then at RVExpress in Indiana, they matched RV Direct and included a hitch which RV direct would not. I got them to do a contract which I was intending to sign but then I was referred to the sales manager at General RV in Michigan he matched and through in $2k auto leveling system option on top. I think 35-40% discount is possible on all RVs you just have to do the leg work and be willing to travel and not work with local guy if they won’t match the price you can get elsewhere. Also, a custom order might get you more discounts as they aren’t carrying a loan on it or at least not for long and it’s a guaranteed sale.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:01 AM   #20

I notice many of you seem to be getting these deals near the factories.
Is it more of a challenge in the south?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALCOFLLANMTXsm.jpg