Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2016, 02:26 PM   #1

Andersen Levelers?

Hi all,

Just bought one Andersen Leveler and glad I only bought one because it is too long to fit in between the tires to use two. It does say that they can be cut but I'd hate to do that. Has anyone gotten away with only using one on a double axle trailer?
lukenick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:38 PM   #2

I've read posts on this forum from a few people that use just 1 leveler with a dual-axle trailer. From my understanding, it's not a problem. I'm sure others will be along soon to chime in.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukenick1 View Post
Hi all,

Just bought one Andersen Leveler and glad I only bought one because it is too long to fit in between the tires to use two. It does say that they can be cut but I'd hate to do that. Has anyone gotten away with only using one on a double axle trailer?

It's pretty easy to trim one down. I did it for my previous trailer. I don't think you're going to be stable with just one depending on how far off level your camping spot might be...
nowait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:00 PM   #4

It is very common to have to cut them down and I believe you cut off up to a maximum 4". I would highly recommend using 2 for stability and would think it would not be very good for the other axle hanging
ecoboosteagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:58 PM   #5

I use two on my two axle. They cut easily with a circle saw. I cut mine to just before the first circle from the narrow end. You'll love them after a couple times using them.
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:43 AM   #6

I use the Camco one, (yellow with 3 levels on it), under 1 wheel, I have never had to rase it so high that 1 axle was off the ground

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:44 PM   #7

I have a 23j and maybe I didnt cut them properly, but I tried trimmming mine and wish I hadn't because I could have taken them back. The problem that I was concerned about was when I took them off it seemed they would be too tight for the tires and get wedged between them I didnt want to damage the tires.
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabat View Post
I have a 23j and maybe I didnt cut them properly, but I tried trimmming mine and wish I hadn't because I could have taken them back. The problem that I was concerned about was when I took them off it seemed they would be too tight for the tires and get wedged between them I didnt want to damage the tires.
Yes! I know exactly what your talking about. There is no way to avoid that now is there. Yikes.

Has anyone had this experience?
lukenick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:21 PM   #9

Bought a set last year. Didn't know what I was missing!! Made leveling and chocking issues a thing of the past. Had to cut one about 3 inches to make certain of wheel clearance. Cut mine with a sawsall. The leveler that fits between the wheel needs to be 2 inches shorter then the distance between the wheel. We think they are the best thing since sliced bread!!!
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote