Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-23-2016, 12:15 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Worcester
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan0171 View Post
I ordered the Jayco with every option available except for the television. It seemed pricey for a 720p panel.
I'm pretty sure it's 1080p LED, not 720p.

It's a $450 TV on the Furrion website, but Jayco charges $750. I'm assuming it's because of the wall mount and any additional wiring.
__________________

__________________
2016 Jay Flight 38FDDS
jloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:21 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
olyelr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Kewadin, MI
Posts: 190
MIFL19H, your swoosh graphics blowed right off your TT!

Sweet setup!
__________________

__________________
2016 Jayflight 28BHBE Elite
2016 RAM 2500 Laramie Power Wagon (4x4, 6.4 Hemi, 4.10 gears).

olyelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:01 AM   #23
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Tampa
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
I'm pretty sure it's 1080p LED, not 720p.

It's a $450 TV on the Furrion website, but Jayco charges $750. I'm assuming it's because of the wall mount and any additional wiring.
Not sure which Furrion Tv they use but I only found one 39" on the Furrion website. Model number FEHS39N8A. If that is the correct one, the specifications show the max resolution as 1366 x 768@60Hz FHD. The television will accept a 1080p signal but downscale it to the panel resolution. A true 1080p panel is 1920x1080 which is almost twice the resolution.

In reality most people will not notice the resolution difference on such a small screen especially from more than 5 feet away. What is usually more noticeable is the processing / scaling that is done to resize the image. Also I'm just a bit of an audio video enthusiast so it's in my blood
Logan0171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:20 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Worcester
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan0171 View Post
Not sure which Furrion Tv they use but I only found one 39" on the Furrion website. Model number FEHS39N8A. If that is the correct one, the specifications show the max resolution as 1366 x 768@60Hz FHD. The television will accept a 1080p signal but downscale it to the panel resolution. A true 1080p panel is 1920x1080 which is almost twice the resolution.

In reality most people will not notice the resolution difference on such a small screen especially from more than 5 feet away. What is usually more noticeable is the processing / scaling that is done to resize the image. Also I'm just a bit of an audio video enthusiast so it's in my blood
Ah yes... I see that. You are correct sir.
__________________
2016 Jay Flight 38FDDS
jloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 06:08 AM   #25
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Tampa
Posts: 44
I will be heading out soon to the dealer to do my PDI and hopefully pickup the unit if everything is to my liking. I have the PDI checklist from this site printed out and ready to go. If all goes well I will be spending the next 2 nights at a campground about 10 miles from the dealer.

If anyone can think of things to look for during the walk through that are not covered in the PDI checklist, please let me know. For those wondering about the 2017 model cutover, according to my VIN number I'm getting a 2016 model. It supposedly was built last week. I was a little worried for a while because from what I've read so far there are no must have options for me in 2017 but they are eliminating the MORryde suspension which is something I definitely wanted.
Logan0171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:34 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Worcester
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan0171 View Post
I will be heading out soon to the dealer to do my PDI and hopefully pickup the unit if everything is to my liking. I have the PDI checklist from this site printed out and ready to go. If all goes well I will be spending the next 2 nights at a campground about 10 miles from the dealer.

If anyone can think of things to look for during the walk through that are not covered in the PDI checklist, please let me know. For those wondering about the 2017 model cutover, according to my VIN number I'm getting a 2016 model. It supposedly was built last week. I was a little worried for a while because from what I've read so far there are no must have options for me in 2017 but they are eliminating the MORryde suspension which is something I definitely wanted.
Good luck with the PDI! Double check for the MORyde. Sometimes they change things mid year w/o notice.
__________________
2016 Jay Flight 38FDDS
jloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 10:27 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
olyelr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Kewadin, MI
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan0171 View Post
... but they are eliminating the MORryde suspension which is something I definitely wanted.
I wonder why they would do that? Are they having any issues with the system?
__________________
2016 Jayflight 28BHBE Elite
2016 RAM 2500 Laramie Power Wagon (4x4, 6.4 Hemi, 4.10 gears).

olyelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:33 PM   #28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Posts: 26
Good luck with the PDI Logan. Our 28BHBE just arrived at the dealership, we're looking at it tomorrow and hopefully bringing it home on May 2nd.
__________________
2013 Ram 3500 6.7 CTD CC
2016 Jayflight 28BHBE Elite
___________________________________
2006 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi QC (2006-2015)
2007 Jayflight 29BHS (2007-2016)
Roaddane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 10:28 PM   #29
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Tampa
Posts: 44
Wow, what a long day. PDI went well. A broken drawer was quickly fixed and a protruding screw above the microwave was covered with a piece of trim. Also the decorative wood trim around the slide out was coming loose on the bottom near the entertainment center. The equalizer hitch install was another story. Fortunately the campground I'm at for this weekend was about 13 miles from the dealership. I will re-torque everything tomorrow. Or I should say torque everything tomorrow as not once was a torque measurement taken when they set it up. Actually after their first attempt they kept blowing the fuse for the tongue jack trying to lift everything high enough to get the bars on. Eventually once I got involved the head angle was reduced and the L brackets lowered.

I did notice some things on the slide that I pointed out and was told that is normal.

1. On the edge of the roof (on the slide) above one of the side windows, there is a staple protruding under the roof material. The dealer said it would not catch on anything and was not a problem.

2. The slide motor does not "stop" when putting the slide in and out. On my last trailer the slide motor would stop when the slide was fully in or out. On the Jayco the motor continued to run and makes a clicking noise almost like a gear is slipping. The tech said that is how you know when to stop pressing the button.

3. When the slide is retracted the side closer to the front of the unit lookes like the floor is a good 3 inches off the floor of the main unit while the other end seems normal (minimal gap). The bottom of the slide is definitely not even when retracted. With that said the seals seem to be good with no sign of light coming through anywhere.

What does everyone think? Is this really the norm for this model?

Also to followup on my earlier post I did get a 2016 model with all the options ordered. MORryde and all. My only disappoinment was that only one wall outlet was installed in the kitchen to the left of the window. I have seen many dealer pictures showing an outlet on either side of the window. There are also 2 access panels cut on the wall of the lower bunk. I haven't openned them yet but I'm assuming one is to access the shower faucet and the other seems to be for something right up near the back wall. Maybe the city water hookup. There is also a handy access panel under the mattress to get to the bypass valves on the water heater.

I was also worried about the electric stabilizers after reading how much some people don't like them. I will say that so far I'm pleasantly surprised at how stable the trailer is. Time will tell. I had the pleasure of setting up for the first time in a huge downpour. Sidenote, that 50amp power cord is a beast. Good news is no leaks spotted yet. I'm pretty sure this is the first time the trailer has seen rain.

One last thing. The trailer towed great. The truck felt like it didnít know the trailer behind it grew 10 feet and doubled in weight. I definitely noticed the extra length when maneuvering turns though. In the short trip I never saw the sway command activate. Maybe on the way home. I'm curious to see if it really helps. Dealer said this was the first unit they received with it.
Logan0171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:21 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,435
Regarding #2, it depends on the type of slide you have. This is how our slide is, you hold the button until you hear the ratchet sound both extending and retracting. Our previous Jayfeather was the same way.
__________________

__________________
2013 Jayco JayFlight 26RKS
2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost FX4

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.