Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-02-2019, 08:27 AM   #201
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 42
We also have to keep in mind I don't have plans for any 12% grade climbing which is what the capacity is judged by.
CampinFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:51 AM   #202
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: johnstown
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampinFred View Post
We also have to keep in mind I don't have plans for any 12% grade climbing which is what the capacity is judged by.
I think you should post this question in a new topic . You will find the answer your looking for.
o2silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:01 PM   #203
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Tucson
Posts: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampinFred View Post
Scott, what knowledge are you basing this on?
Look up the specifications on the truck, then look up the specification on the trailer. If i misunderstood, I apologize but I thought you intended to tow that trailer with a 1/2 ton truck on a 4 hour trip?

That type of trailer is designed for perminate camping, or seasonal. A one ton Truck should be towing a trailer like this, not a 1/2 ton. Forget the fact that the numbers might add up, It’s not safe.
__________________
2018 Dodge RAM 2500 / Cummins 6.7 Turbo Diesel
2018 White Hawk 28RL
Scott_Trailer_Newbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:27 PM   #204
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 42
Now to get back on topic, Does this trailer have an outside quick connect for a portable grille?
CampinFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:12 PM   #205
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Worcester
Posts: 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampinFred View Post
Now to get back on topic, Does this trailer have an outside quick connect for a portable grille?


Yes it does.
__________________
2016 Jay Flight 38FDDS
jloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:49 AM   #206
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 42
Would you happen to be able to measure how large the battery support area is on the tongue? I'm looking into a battery box that can hold 2 trojan 6v batteries. It is 12.6" x 16.7" and wondering if it would fit unmodified.
CampinFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:14 PM   #207
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: johnstown
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampinFred View Post
Would you happen to be able to measure how large the battery support area is on the tongue? I'm looking into a battery box that can hold 2 trojan 6v batteries. It is 12.6" x 16.7" and wondering if it would fit unmodified.
It'll be about a month till I visit with ours.
o2silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 04:02 PM   #208
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Elkton
Posts: 121
How is things holding up for you 02 Silverado ?
groundhog72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 05:57 PM   #209
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 42
Welp... Since our prior discussion, I've racked up nearly 2k miles of towing including through the Blue Ridge and Smokey Mountains with no trouble whatsoever. Using the blue ox wdh. And no, it's not a park model, it's still a TT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_Trailer_Newbe View Post
Look up the specifications on the truck, then look up the specification on the trailer. If i misunderstood, I apologize but I thought you intended to tow that trailer with a 1/2 ton truck on a 4 hour trip?

That type of trailer is designed for perminate camping, or seasonal. A one ton Truck should be towing a trailer like this, not a 1/2 ton. Forget the fact that the numbers might add up, Itís not safe.
CampinFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 05:59 PM   #210
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 42
Just in case anyone else is curious... The battery box sits on angle irons in between the frame. It's cramped already with the single box.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CampinFred View Post
Would you happen to be able to measure how large the battery support area is on the tongue? I'm looking into a battery box that can hold 2 trojan 6v batteries. It is 12.6" x 16.7" and wondering if it would fit unmodified.
CampinFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.