Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-02-2019, 08:27 AM   #201

We also have to keep in mind I don't have plans for any 12% grade climbing which is what the capacity is judged by.
CampinFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:51 AM   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampinFred View Post
We also have to keep in mind I don't have plans for any 12% grade climbing which is what the capacity is judged by.
I think you should post this question in a new topic . You will find the answer your looking for.
o2silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:01 PM   #203

Quote:
Scott, what knowledge are you basing this on?
Look up the specifications on the truck, then look up the specification on the trailer. If i misunderstood, I apologize but I thought you intended to tow that trailer with a 1/2 ton truck on a 4 hour trip?

That type of trailer is designed for perminate camping, or seasonal. A one ton Truck should be towing a trailer like this, not a 1/2 ton. Forget the fact that the numbers might add up, It’s not safe.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:27 PM   #204

Now to get back on topic, Does this trailer have an outside quick connect for a portable grille?
Old 03-10-2019, 09:12 PM   #205

Quote:
Now to get back on topic, Does this trailer have an outside quick connect for a portable grille?

Yes it does.
Old 03-12-2019, 04:49 AM   #206

Would you happen to be able to measure how large the battery support area is on the tongue? I'm looking into a battery box that can hold 2 trojan 6v batteries. It is 12.6" x 16.7" and wondering if it would fit unmodified.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:14 PM   #207

Quote:
Would you happen to be able to measure how large the battery support area is on the tongue? I'm looking into a battery box that can hold 2 trojan 6v batteries. It is 12.6" x 16.7" and wondering if it would fit unmodified.
It'll be about a month till I visit with ours.
o2silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 04:02 PM   #208

How is things holding up for you 02 Silverado ?
groundhog72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 05:57 PM   #209

Welp... Since our prior discussion, I've racked up nearly 2k miles of towing including through the Blue Ridge and Smokey Mountains with no trouble whatsoever. Using the blue ox wdh. And no, it's not a park model, it's still a TT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_Trailer_Newbe View Post
Look up the specifications on the truck, then look up the specification on the trailer. If i misunderstood, I apologize but I thought you intended to tow that trailer with a 1/2 ton truck on a 4 hour trip?

That type of trailer is designed for perminate camping, or seasonal. A one ton Truck should be towing a trailer like this, not a 1/2 ton. Forget the fact that the numbers might add up, It’s not safe.
Old 09-12-2020, 05:59 PM   #210

Just in case anyone else is curious... The battery box sits on angle irons in between the frame. It's cramped already with the single box.

Quote: