Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-06-2018, 11:56 PM   #41

Congrats! She’s a beauty!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2018, 12:24 PM   #42

How did the pdi go ? Hope they had the heater running for you.
groundhog72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 02:10 PM   #43

Does your refrigerator have an ice maker ?
Old 01-07-2018, 02:40 PM   #44

Any 38bhds owners out there ?

Not to answer for the OP here, but my 38ffds has the GE residential fridge with ice maker. I’m pretty sure the bhds has the same fridge. The water valve for it is located behind the bottom drawer next to the fridge. It’s a bit of a bit*h to get to. I had to remove the drawer to get to it. Don’t forget to winterize the ice maker when closing up for the season!!

Old 01-07-2018, 03:07 PM   #45

Thanks
Old 01-07-2018, 06:29 PM   #46

Actually the PDI will be later this week hopefully. Not in a big hurry to get the payment book since its been so cold here. It definitely has a ice maker. I'll get some more pics as get set up.
o2silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:54 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2silverado View Post
Actually the PDI will be later this week hopefully. Not in a big hurry to get the payment book since its been so cold here. It definitely has a ice maker. I'll get some more pics as get set up.

I can’t tell how great that residential fridge is compared to the camper fridges I’ve owned in the past. It’s perfect for a seasonal trailer that doesn’t go anywhere. We no longer have to keep food in coolers outside! The ice maker makes a good amount of ice too!! You folks are going to love it!

Old 01-08-2018, 08:11 AM   #48

Sweet. I love my frozen drinks in the summer. . Anything I should pay exta attention to on my walk through? Still probably 6 weeks out for me but I thought I would ask.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:26 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundhog72 View Post
Sweet. I love my frozen drinks in the summer. . Anything I should pay exta attention to on my walk through? Still probably 6 weeks out for me but I thought I would ask.

I don’t know where you live, but my 38 arrived in January in New England. I did a quick walkthrough at the time, then waited until April to do the pdi.
Check all the plumbing. The appliances, electrical outlets, etc.. I had a problem with a usb outlet and my outside shower was plumbed backwards. Shortly after delivery I noticed a defect in the awning material, and Furrion system crapped out. All issues were addressed by my dealer at my seasonal site. Try to arrange something similar if at all possible. I own a half ton truck, no way could I haul that beast in for service. Check this forum for a PDI list to follow.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:43 PM   #50

So we had our walk through today. No major issues , couple of marks on the ceiling , one of the louvers on the furnace return was out of place , the dvd/cd player had a broken display & probably the biggest issue is the fridge door swings the wrong way ! So make sure you open the fridge when you go for your PDI. The door should open towards the bathroom. Otherwise you have to go into the bathroom to open the fridge . Good Luck !!
Old 01-13-2018, 02:50 AM   #51

Thanks for the insight. Did yours come with a tv in the living room ?
Old 01-13-2018, 08:24 AM   #52

I did add the tv. Probably not worth the extra $$ compared to what you can buy at any store today. It was just convenient to have it already in there. Keep us posted on how your experience goes.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:09 AM   #53

When you get a chance can you measure the living room tv. I did not order one and am curious to how big of a tv I can fit. I only ever been in 1 2016 38bhds. So I ordered 2 ac units like you. I'm thinking I should get 2 max air vents ? One for front room and one for bath ? Or do you think they are over rated ?
Old 01-13-2018, 11:12 AM   #54

My last two tt did not have the max air vent covers. This one is my first on a seasonal sight. Just don't no if there is any benefit to them. Any opinions ?
Old 01-13-2018, 01:20 PM   #55

I can get a measurement next week . The one that we ordered is a 39" & it has about a 1" gap the whole way around. I would say a 40" is max without modifying the entertainment center. It can be ordered with a 50" but I have not seen one. I highly recommend the Maxxair II . I like to leave my roof vents open during the week when where not there. It definitely helps with the heat buildup in the trailer. You only need 1 though. Only the bathroom has a vent. I told the dealer I wanted to purchase one & they actually said no charge & they put it on for me. One less thing I have to do in the spring!
Old 01-15-2018, 07:53 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundhog72 View Post
My last two tt did not have the max air vent covers. This one is my first on a seasonal sight. Just don't no if there is any benefit to them. Any opinions ?

Vent covers are a must imo. They allow you to keep the vents open during rain. I always keep the vents open on my 38fdds when we’re not there to allow some ventilation. They’re cheap enough and easy to install.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:06 AM   #57

Thanks.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:14 PM   #58

The cold is taking a break this weekend. You going to try and test the heater out this weekend 02 Silverado ? Lol
Old 01-19-2018, 06:43 PM   #59

We're anxiously waiting for that day. Unfortunately it is still sitting in the dealers lot. I probably will not even get it on our site till feb/March which makes the wait even worse. I don't want to get it covered in road salt. For now all we can do is visit it on the weekends & wait for warmer weather.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:59 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2silverado View Post
We're anxiously waiting for that day. Unfortunately it is still sitting in the dealers lot. I probably will not even get it on our site till feb/March which makes the wait even worse. I don't want to get it covered in road salt. For now all we can do is visit it on the weekends & wait for warmer weather.

Your site is in PA? When does the season start at your CG?