Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-22-2018, 09:48 AM   #1

Any Canadian here? Rv One experience to share ?

Have you bought your trailer from RV One or RV direct online from Canada ?

Please share your experience , I'm considering them for my next purchase since my canadian dealer is too greedy :-)

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:54 PM   #2

We just bough ours form Rv Canada. Ordered it form the factory last Dec, and it was delivered in March
kenansharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:19 AM   #3
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1959 View Post

Please share your experience , I'm considering them for my next purchase since my canadian dealer is too greedy :-)
Come shopping in Ottawa, it will make you feel much better about Montreal prices !

We bought our Eagle from RV One in Albany. Was really simple. Picked it up in Albany and they had all the paperwork ready to cross the border (no recalls etc.) and we paid the GST portion of HST at the border, got trailer "inspected" at Canadian Tire in Ontario, and paid provincial portion of HST when getting license plates.
Ottawasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:27 AM   #4

Its that bad in Ottawa ?? , that must be Trudeau's faults.... and lets not go there :-)

Thats sound pretty staightforward ... how have you managed for warranty works back home ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawasteve View Post
Come shopping in Ottawa, it will make you feel much better about Montreal prices !

We bought our Eagle from RV One in Albany. Was really simple. Picked it up in Albany and they had all the paperwork ready to cross the border (no recalls etc.) and we paid the GST portion of HST at the border, got trailer "inspected" at Canadian Tire in Ontario, and paid provincial portion of HST when getting license plates.

Old 05-23-2018, 02:58 PM   #5

Quote:

didn't buy from RVOne, but that is where the 26bh stole our hearts

Our local dealer (in st-jerome) didn't even budge a penny when i told him that I had a full quote/contact signed that I just had to email back to Sicard RV in Hamilton, Ont.

I did the math, but the savings was no enough to make it worth the hassle.

BUT going to Ontario was worth it, just under 14% less the St-Jerome.

the only 'note' is because I picked up the trailer in Ontario i had to pay the HST (gst 5% and ont sales taxes 8%) on delivery, but when i registered in Quebec and paid the QST (9.975%) i was able to send in a form (supplied by the dealer) to reclaim the Ontario sales taxes.

Paul
pgartner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:14 PM   #6

Is your dealer Roulottes Desjardins ? If so i've faced the same reaction from them when I've showed them a quote from RV one and one from Lazy rv in Ontario.... well I've faced no reaction to be honest ...that did not impress them at all

However I bought from them before and they are top notch. I managed to get some sort of reduction because I was a customer already but still.... its more expensive and by a respectable amount, but hey I know that the service will be excellent , done in a very decent amount of time ...so everything have a price :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgartner View Post
didn't buy from RVOne, but that is where the 26bh stole our hearts

Our local dealer (in st-jerome) didn't even budge a penny when i told him that I had a full quote/contact signed that I just had to email back to Sicard RV in Hamilton, Ont.

I did the math, but the savings was no enough to make it worth the hassle.

BUT going to Ontario was worth it, just under 14% less the St-Jerome.

the only 'note' is because I picked up the trailer in Ontario i had to pay the HST (gst 5% and ont sales taxes 8%) on delivery, but when i registered in Quebec and paid the QST (9.975%) i was able to send in a form (supplied by the dealer) to reclaim the Ontario sales taxes.

Paul

Old 05-23-2018, 05:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Is your dealer Roulottes Desjardins ? If so i've faced the same reaction from them when I've showed them a quote from RV one and one from Lazy rv in Ontario.... well I've faced no reaction to be honest ...that did not impress them at all
Yes, I was trying to deal with Desjardins. i was emailing them for about two months waiting for them to get their 26bh in stock so they can give me a price. he finally got it in a few days before I bought it.

He called me about 2 weeks after i made my purchase to see if i was still interested. I told him no, i had a great deal and had made my purchase elsewhere, and that he had his chance to get competitive but didn't budge.

they way i see it, $3600 pays for lots of camping (and a little gas )

-Paul
Old 05-23-2018, 06:42 PM   #8

The difference is important with RV one but so far i found only one dealer in Ramara ontario where the trailer is cheaper.... so Im buying from Desjardins they are pretty independant in the sale department. Me fear is to get the warranty work done ... Jayco says in an email that they have to honnor warranty work even if I am not buying the TT there but to understand that preference goes to their customer...so i can read between the line... how it was for you in regards of warranty work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgartner View Post
Yes, I was trying to deal with Desjardins. i was emailing them for about two months waiting for them to get their 26bh in stock so they can give me a price. he finally got it in a few days before I bought it.

He called me about 2 weeks after i made my purchase to see if i was still interested. I told him no, i had a great deal and had made my purchase elsewhere, and that he had his chance to get competitive but didn't budge.

they way i see it, $3600 pays for lots of camping (and a little gas )

-Paul

Old 05-23-2018, 09:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawasteve View Post
We bought our Eagle from RV One in Albany.
LOL!!! I live less than 15 minutes from Albany RV / RV One, and it’s even closer to my office. I’ve been burned by them twice, and I wouldn’t buy anything more complicated than a lug nut from the. I purchased my Northpoint from a dealer almost 250 miles away, outside of Philadelphia!

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:02 PM   #10

Burned by them ??? meaning ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Instructor View Post
LOL!!! I live less than 15 minutes from Albany RV / RV One, and it’s even closer to my office. I’ve been burned by them twice, and I wouldn’t buy anything more complicated than a lug nut from the. I purchased my Northpoint from a dealer almost 250 miles away, outside of Philadelphia!

Old 05-24-2018, 04:41 AM   #11

Quote:
The difference is important with RV one but so far i found only one dealer in Ramara ontario where the trailer is cheaper.... so Im buying from Desjardins they are pretty independant in the sale department. Me fear is to get the warranty work done ... Jayco says in an email that they have to honnor warranty work even if I am not buying the TT there but to understand that preference goes to their customer...so i can read between the line... how it was for you in regards of warranty work?
I also looked at lazee acres, but the one they had advertised was without any options, that was all extra..

as for warranty, i have not required any. I am a very handy guy and can handle lots things before i need the dealer.

My unit was on the dealer lot for 6 months, i figure that any leaks would have shown up, and the dealer knew i was taking the unit 8hr away and really did a really good job of verifying/testing everything

i just completed my maiden voyage of 5 days, and only have 2 issues. a door catch that is not holding the door closed properly, and the bathroom vent trip is loose. both very easy adjustments.

-Paul
Old 05-24-2018, 06:30 AM   #12

Quote:
Burned by them ??? meaning ?
First trailer I bought from them, we bought at a show. Showed up on the set date for the pre-delivery inspection and to do the final paperwork to take it home, and they had SOLD the trailer that I had a signed bill of sale for to someone else, who had picked it up the previous day. It took them several months to get us another trailer from the factory.

A couple of upgrades, ten years later, we ordered a new Rockwood from them, as it was the exact floor plan that we wanted. After a several month wait, it came in, the options that we had ordered (and paid for) weren’t included. The interior finish was the wrong color/fabric, and when they tried to install some of the options that I had ordered, but that they hadn’t ordered from the factory, they BOTCHED the install. They added outside speakers that were just over the wheel wells (instead of just under the awning) the wires for the speakers were exposed on the inside, and the speakers were never properly sealed. Looked like a 7th grade shop class did the install. Also, the roof ladder that they forgot to order, and laser installed themselves leaked at the screws, until I sealed it with DICOR.

They gave me a “break” on the price, to get me to take the trailer. I did, and made the best of it, but I’ve never walked through their door again....

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:58 AM   #13

Fire Instructor :

Wow !! I wouldnt go back either !! Its for reason like that that I am torn between buying a price or buying a trailer and good customer service after sale including a good crew in the garage

well your post just make me lean toward the more expensive offer, 1- Because I know the devil to whom Im dealing with 2 - Because if there is a screw up at any time Ill be at 30 mn from home not 8 !! .

Like the other gentleman sharing his experience on this tread , I am also pretty handy , I can do a lot of work, however there is a few job that I had to do during the warranty on my WH that needed the dealership facility,sandwich floor replacement and the vinyl flooring, and the main slide out fiberglass wall.... so my question is , how bad do i want to save 2500.00 ... :-)

Peace of mind have a price I guess , its like paying for any kind of insurance :-) so im done talking about money :-)