Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-04-2016, 02:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harreec View Post
We bought our 23RLSW in July of last year and was able to take it out a few times. We love it! Ours was a 2015 so came with the shower curtain instead of the doors. Wife really does not like the shower curtain and we inquired if we could change to the shower door after seeing the 2016 model and got talked out of it as it would void our warranty. Guess we will just change out the curtain instead. No other mods till spring now.
Just checking the Jayco website and see they have revised the model # and specs for the 2016 model of this trailer.
I checked the Jayco site and I do not see any changes for the 2016 23RLSW? It still lists the tanks as 22.5 gallon each and mine are 36 and 30.

Maybe I am not looking in the right place?

Blue Ox Sway Pro
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
TxTwoSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:51 PM   #12

It is a bit confusing. If you look at the specs for the 23RLSW it has the smaller tanks but if you look at the specs for the 245RLSW it is exactly the same floorplan, obviously a bit larger chassis but the tanks are also much larger as you have stated.

Harreec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harreec View Post
It is a bit confusing. If you look at the specs for the 23RLSW it has the smaller tanks but if you look at the specs for the 245RLSW it is exactly the same floorplan, obviously a bit larger chassis but the tanks are also much larger as you have stated.
I'm waiting to see when I get mine next Thursday. Maybe larger tanks are a special order option, too. Having said that, it doesn't matter to me, as my plans don't include any camping at locations without sewer hookups.

Roger

P.S. When my dealer had 'my' 23RLSW posted on their website, they also listed it with 30 gal. holding tanks, so for the moment I'm just waiting for clarification. The equipment detail sheet from Jayco does not say what the holding tank sizes are.

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:39 PM   #14

They do sometimes make changes to floor plans during the production year. I've been told by the factory rep that the 23RLSW will now be wired for a bedroom TV with power source & a coax jack.. It is not a new option. Just a production change.

Possibly the same thing with the tanks. Wireman
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:10 AM   #15

Another question. In using your 23RLSW, how effective is the furnace in heating the bath & bedroom area since they are somewhat closed off from the furnace? The A/C is ducted but not the heat.

Does it work ok or do you use portable heaters to compensate. 99% of our camping will be with hook ups. I ordered the enclosed underbelly. Hope that will help keep the floor area a little warmer during the cooler months. Wireman
Old 01-07-2016, 10:18 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
Another question. In using your 23RLSW, how effective is the furnace in heating the bath & bedroom area since they are somewhat closed off from the furnace? The A/C is ducted but not the heat.

Does it work ok or do you use portable heaters to compensate. 99% of our camping will be with hook ups. I ordered the enclosed underbelly. Hope that will help keep the floor area a little warmer during the cooler months. Wireman
Another thing I had thought about, although we won't get a chance to try it out until early May when we take our new 23RLSW out for its first trip. My thinking is that we might just run the AC on 'fan only' if it has such a setting, which would circulate the air throughout. Ours has the enclosed underbelly, too.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:53 PM   #17

Well we are in Texas so not very cold but we were out last weekend and it was high 30's low 40's of course being from Texas it was cold to us!

We ran the heater and had it set at 65 degrees left curtain and bathroom door open and it seemed to work well. It was colder in the bedroom but not much.

In real cold weather it might be a problem. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Blue Ox Sway Pro
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Old 01-07-2016, 03:14 PM   #18

TxTwoSome, Thanks for the info. My concern was that not enough warm air would blow into the bedroom. If I remember right there is only 1 outlet blowing into the living area.

Not going to pass judgment yet on not having ducted heat until we try it ourselves with our camper. Wireman
Old 01-07-2016, 04:48 PM   #19

Wireman you are correct there is one outlet for the heater exiting into the living area.
Blue Ox Sway Pro
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Old 01-08-2016, 01:36 PM   #20

We got our 23 RLSW in July also and love it.
We've taken it to a lot of the nearby state parks an a big trip to Rocky Mt. National Park with out two dogs.
I have put an cover on the bathroom vent, a screen door protector and a push bar for screen. I replaced the stock shower curtain track with one that you can use real shower curtain rings with.
The oven didn't bake well at all so we got a rectangular pizza stone to put in it and now it bakes just fine.
No problems at all really.

We were in Estes Park in October, just above freezing and snowing in the upper elevations and the heater did fine.
It came on a lot and I kept wondering if I would have to go out and switch tanks but it seems the propane lasts forever.

Enjoy.

GoldDog is offline   Reply With Quote