Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-22-2017, 03:17 PM   #1

Any other Dummies out there like me?

Why am I out here in the driveway sitting in my TT reading....watching a 24" tv with digital channels? 50 degree's outside and rainy Sunday afternoon. And playing on my phone? Got a good cup of coffee. An infrared heater set at 70 enjoying the peace and quiet...even though I live in town. Yes we are brand new campers...and loving every minute of it. Just sad our local campground is closed for the season already. We are eagerly planning all kinds of new adventures for next season. And slowly accumulating necessary and some unnecessary items throughout the winter season. Right now seems to be a good time to collect on some great end of season clearance items. We saved $130 yesterday on a surge protector and some leveling blocks. My wife of almost 41 years myself and our 2 beagles Suzie 3 & 1/2 and Lucy 1 &1/2 are thouroughly enjoying every aspect of it....so far anyway.
Drop
12ptdroptine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:32 PM   #2
Site Team

I'm guilty also. We came home from our boondocking spot early this morning. My wife is in the house taking a nap, the kids are at their grandparents, and I'm sitting under the awning in our driveway eating Doritos and drinking a glass of iced tea.

RVing is a way of life and a state of mind. Welcome to the lifestyle.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 04:11 PM   #3
Site Team

I regularly sneak out and take a nap in mine. No phones tvs or dogs barking, nice and quiet.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 04:23 PM   #4

I regularly "camp" at my in-laws lakehouse in the driveway. The rest of the family only goes into the trailer to sleep, but I slip away and spend time there pretty much every day. Sadly I don't store my trailer at my house or I'm sure I'd do the same thing at home too.
GrumpyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 04:47 PM   #5

I just recently started working 8pm-4am and i was thinking about sleeping in the trailer and honestly the more i think about it the better it sounds :]
Bigbeartroop122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 04:51 PM   #6

We keep our unit set up next to the driveway. I use the dinette for doing office work and have been known to take a nap or two out there as well. Had to winterize today so will have to close it up in the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 04:53 PM   #7

Count me in too. I have full hookup at the house and that's where I plan out my trips. I can lay my maps and papers out on the table along with my paperweight ( a Jack & Ginger) or two and when the ice melts I go back in the house.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:37 PM   #8

I use my camper as my "Alone" place in my backyard all the time - Count me in as a member of the club...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:45 PM   #9

Me too. I live in southern Arizona so it can be used year around. It’s parked on the side of the house with full hook ups. Great get away when the grand kids come over and can’t sleep.
Scott_Trailer_Newbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:46 PM   #10

We keep ours stored beside the house so I spend time in it whenever I can. I agree with others that it's a great place to sneak a nap in from time to time as well. Unfortunately it's now covered for the winter but every once in awhile I unzip the side panel and spend a little time inside under the guise of "checking on things..."
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:37 PM   #11

Hey...we had the pop up set up to make use of the shower/toilet while we gutted the only bathroom in the house....there were 2 weeks in September when the temps stayed in the low to mid 70's and I have to admit there were more than a few afternoons when I would go out there open it up and stretch out on one of the ends and take a nap.....

Jayco Jay Series 1206
Dodge Ram 1500, Hemi
Lifespalette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:14 PM   #12

My Jayco is in a covered storage lot a few miles from my home but I occasionally sneak out to the lot, plug in the power, open the slide and just enjoy sitting in it with the stereo on. Good time to catch up on all my RV magazines I never read at home. If I had it in my driveway I believe I would spend a lot more time in it. Not as fun as being in the campground but it still does my old soul good just to sit in it.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:24 PM   #13

Way back when I had to work night shifts I would sleep in the TT. It was cooler and quieter than the house. Now-a-days when my wife can't sleep I head to the trailer. I tell her I go there because I can't sleep, which is true.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:33 AM   #14

When we first got our new TT I spent quite a bit of time in it too relaxing on the couch watching the 31" TV in my drive way. Now I have it winterized and it sets in the back yard. I've been considering heading out there from time to time this winter to heat it with our electric heater and chill out in it though. It's going to be a long winter before we can camp again here in Michigan.
markscns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:09 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ptdroptine View Post
Why am I out here in the driveway sitting in my TT reading....watching a 24" tv with digital channels? 50 degree's outside and rainy Sunday afternoon. And playing on my phone? Got a good cup of coffee. An infrared heater set at 70 enjoying the peace and quiet...even though I live in town. Yes we are brand new campers...and loving every minute of it. Just sad our local campground is closed for the season already. We are eagerly planning all kinds of new adventures for next season. And slowly accumulating necessary and some unnecessary items throughout the winter season. Right now seems to be a good time to collect on some great end of season clearance items. We saved $130 yesterday on a surge protector and some leveling blocks. My wife of almost 41 years myself and our 2 beagles Suzie 3 & 1/2 and Lucy 1 &1/2 are thouroughly enjoying every aspect of it....so far anyway.
Drop
Oh no. We have never driveway camped, had dinner in the motorhome and talked about the mods we want to add, sat inside at night just to see who walks by on the sidewalk, watched surround sound movies on the big RV HD flat screen, spied from the back window of the RV on the kid who is dealing drugs across the street, or let the dogs go "camping" for an hour while we clean up and vacuum the motorhome. And don't think we have.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:26 AM   #16

Its supposed to be in the mid twenty range this weekend..I am planning on sleeping in it. Just.to see how it does. Will use the furnace and electric heater.
Drop
12ptdroptine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:16 AM   #17

Campsite #1

Hilarious thread that brought me a (guilty) smile this morning.
My DW refers to our TT as my "Mistress", as I will sometimes get lost in it.

Our house doesn't have AC, so for the one or two nights a year that get just too hot (Seattle area), I'll sleep in the TT with the AC on max.

The solitude, even if just next to the driveway, does a body good.
tjpolsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:38 AM   #18

Talking RV / Mancave

WHAT????? I figured EVERYONE used the RV as the "other" mancave.
I keep ours with full hookups in the drive and use it to get away from "others". We were empty nesters for years until recently my son and his family moved back to the states. Now I have a wife, DIL, and a 5 y/o granddaughter wearing me out. The son ran off back to Afghanisatn and left me to deal with "the girls". We raised 3 sons and no daughters so imagine the culture shock I am feeling. THANK GOODNESS for the RV!!

Rob
7.3 Fan clutch upgrade, Mishimoto coolant filter
Airlift bags on rear
Reese 20K hitch
2005 H-D Screamin Eagle (Banana)
Wusaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:06 AM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ptdroptine View Post
Its supposed to be in the mid twenty range this weekend..I am planning on sleeping in it. Just.to see how it does. Will use the furnace and electric heater.
Drop
Propane is cheap. Crank up that furnace and enjoy your weekend.
Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:22 AM   #20

I'm Just as guilty!

Keep the fridge on, fresh water tank filled and water heater hot all camping season.

When spending all day in the shop, the TT parked just outside is the perfect place to grab lunch, a cold drink, etc.

Last time I mowed the 10 acre back lot (takes 1.5 days), I parked my TT at the edge of the field Friday evening. Slept in it Friday and Saturday nights. Had 6 good, hot meals. Showered before bed. In order to get in 2 full days of brush-hogging and tree trimming.

Camping takes many forms!

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote