Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-22-2021, 09:32 AM   #81

YouTube will be your best bet for that. Just type in how to de winterize camper and you should find what you need. Super easy and simple.
Uhde23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:43 AM   #82

Been trying that. Maybe I'm just dense. I may be embarrassed to ask this, but where do I find the valves for the opening the low point drains? Videos show them as external. User manual says internal, but I can't find them. Also, I filled the water tank, but when I turn on the water pump, the only thing that flows is air. Water flow is fine when connected to a hose.
Pick80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:45 AM   #83

biggest thing to remember is to check which way the valves are turned
You do not want to let antifreeze into your hot water heater nor your fresh water tank
Youtube helped me get the job done as well!

2016 Jayflight 27BHS
2015 Ford F-250 Super cab LB, 4x4 6.2 L gas
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:55 AM   #84

The low points drains should be inside underneath the bottom bunk towards the back wall of the camper.
Uhde23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:26 AM   #85

Thanks, found those. I also see two valves for the water heater, though the manual seems to say there should be a third valve. Don't know where that is, if there actually is a third one. Also, I filled the fresh water tank and want to drain it. There is a low point drain just below the tank, but no water drains when I turn the valve. Finally, with the fresh water tank full and the water pump running, the only thing that comes out of the faucets is air. Am I missing something?
Old 04-29-2021, 06:05 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick80 View Post
Thanks, found those. I also see two valves for the water heater, though the manual seems to say there should be a third valve. Don't know where that is, if there actually is a third one. Also, I filled the fresh water tank and want to drain it. There is a low point drain just below the tank, but no water drains when I turn the valve. Finally, with the fresh water tank full and the water pump running, the only thing that comes out of the faucets is air. Am I missing something?
Some trailers have 3 on/off valves for the water heater, others have 2 3-way valves. You have the 3-way if the valve is at the intersection where three hoses meet. Both valve handles parallel to the lines into the water heater is normal mode. Both valve handles pointing at each other, parallel to the little pipe the connects the two valves is bypass.

If water isn't draining out of the fresh drain, it could be a kinked hose. You can see the drain hose and connection under the trailer if belly isn't enclosed.

If pump is sucking air with water in the tank, the winterize valve under the sink by the pump is probably still set to the winterize position instead of to the tank.
Brad81987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 11:04 AM   #87

signature doesn't match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose&Kristen View Post
There is such a fantastic variety of TT’s.
But how about us valiant 264bh owners. Can I get a shout out?
The OP's first post shows a different TT in the signature than what's in the title?
I haven't read past the first page yet so this may have already been noted?

Happy Glamping

2016 Jayflight 27BHS
2015 Ford F-250 Super cab LB, 4x4 6.2 L gas
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 05:42 PM   #88

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know.

Tags
264bhw