Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2016, 08:45 PM   #1

Anybody using super springs? How much rear end sag with a trailer hitched up?

Looking for some feed back from anyone using super springs. Watched the install video and talked to the super spring guys and they say it raises an unloaded F150 about an inch? How far down does the rear end sag using super springs when you hitch up a trailer? Driving a 2016 F150 4x4, tow package, 3.73 gears with a cap and bed slide that weigh 550 lbs. Tongue weight on 28' trailer is 750lbs. Not really looking for suggestions on Timbrens or air bags.....may go with air bags at the end of the day. Any input from super spring users would be appreciated.
Srapwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:17 PM   #2

Go with air bags

In all seriousness (well, I kinda was), I have never heard of super springs. I will have to check them out and see what they even are.

olyelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 11:00 PM   #3

I have them on my Tundra. I had a fifth wheel, pin weight 1050. So I added the Super Springs. Advertisement said it would raise the rear one inch, I got almost three. So much that I had to add 1 1/2 inch front lift, which actually gave me over two inches of lift. Long story short, it was level unloaded, maybe one inch of front pitch, and my fifth wheel squatted my truck two inches. Sold the fifth wheel, bought a Jayco bumber pull, which is or was supposed to have 650 pound hitch, and I am squatted two inches maybe three. All I can figure, 5th wheel over axle, trailer when hooked up is over a foot from bumper.

I wanted air bags way back, but you could not buy a set for a Tundra with a fifth wheel hitch on the mid size bed. I am to tight to add bags on top of super springs. The S.S.'s were an easy install is about all the good I can give them.

And after I bought the S.S.'s, but hadn't installed them, I hooked my 5th wheel up and my Tundra barely squatted 2 inches with stock springs. But they were paid for and I didn't want to ship them back so one thing led to another!
Old 05-24-2016, 04:40 AM   #4

Check Hellwig overload springs added them to my F 250 and come to find out I didn't need them for my 28.5 HT but helps with extra cargo
sobuck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:59 AM   #5

Unnecesary and totally a waste of $$'s. Just invest in a good WDH hitch and your sag issue will be taken care of. Your tow set up is pretty normal and doesn't justify special springs or airbags.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:06 AM   #6

I have Supersprings on my 3500HD Silverado. I needed to put them on due to the weight of our Northern Lite Camper. It weighs about 3200lbs dry. Back of truck settled nearly 5" and headlights were way too high. The SS did NOT change unloaded ride height or even come into play until at least 1000lbs is in the bed. Raised back of truck 2.5" with the camper loaded. (No more headlight flashed at me at night now. They come 8n to play with the TT hooked up as well. We always travel heavy because we have a TV that can handle anything we throw at it. All in all, I would say that SS are a great investment and work extremely well. I guess when it comes to the end of the day, a 1/2 ton is a 1/2 ton and it doesn't matter how many suspension upgrades you put on you still have a 1/2 ton as its the RAGW that you will overload.
Happy Camping
Andersen Hitch.
'07 Northern Lite 10-2RR Camper.
SuperSprings.
Northern Jay is offline   Reply With Quote