Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-17-2018, 01:08 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jktb View Post
Jayco dealer told me to leave the antifreeze in the lines until spring.
I think that is how most people do it. The key is to displace ALL of the water.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:45 PM   #22

Open the low point drains first, close them, pump the antifreeze in, then leave it in all winter.
Marmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:18 PM   #23

I have a 2015 Greyhawk that has been winterized 5-6 times in my 2 years of ownership. I sometimes winterize and then head south, come back north and head south again during freezing weathe which is why I do it so often.

So far, I've no problems.

I drain the water tank, Then turn on the pump until it's no longer pumping. I then use compressed air at fairly low pressure and blow out the lines starting with the outside faucet and then working my way through the coach. I repeat a few times until all the spitting is done.

I then remove the spray head, shower head, and outside head.

Pour anti freeze in sink, shower, and sink in bath room. Then drain the grey and black tanks.

Has worked for me so far.
jfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:01 AM   #24

I think that you do one or the other:

a) gravity drain the system with all faucets open and then blow out the lines and pour a little anti-freeze into the drains and toilet and, if in very cold territory, pump only an ounce or so of anti-freeze into the pump to protect it from freeze up, or

b) gravity drain the system with all faucets open and then pump anti-freeze into the entire system and at every outlet.

To do both is extremely wasteful. You don't need to fill the system with AF if there's no water remaining in the system.

Also, run water through to rinse away the AF. There's no need to use AF in your fresh water tank, just drain it and any remaining water is not a danger as it has ample room to expand.

2009 F350 SuperCrew
2013 White Hawk 28DSBH
pauley_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:04 AM   #25
BJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauley_b View Post
I think that you do one or the other:

a) gravity drain the system with all faucets open and then blow out the lines and pour a little anti-freeze into the drains and toilet and, if in very cold territory, pump only an ounce or so of anti-freeze into the pump to protect it from freeze up, or

b) gravity drain the system with all faucets open and then pump anti-freeze into the entire system and at every outlet.

To do both is extremely wasteful. You don't need to fill the system with AF if there's no water remaining in the system.

Also, run water through to rinse away the AF. There's no need to use AF in your fresh water tank, just drain it and any remaining water is not a danger as it has ample room to expand.
The thought behind doing both, which I subscribe to, is that if you simply do B then you run the risk of diluting the AF with the water that's left behind.

Frankly, this year I'm planning on doing C - blowing the AF out as soon as I'm done to see if it helps with the taste in the lines.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:55 PM   #26

Not really sure what constitutes an extreme waste?

I'm using AF regardless, whether I drain it out now or in the Spring doesn't change anything as far as AF usage.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote