Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-22-2016, 12:51 PM   #1

Anyone gotten the new Jay Flight 21QB?

If so, how do you like it?

The 21QB is the exact same floor plan as the Jay Flight SLX 212 QBW except it's built with the higher items, such as cabinets over the front bedroom instead of the shelf in the SLX, etc.
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:15 PM   #2

we just got the 212qbw and like it a lot. it is our first TT, so nothing to compare to. Just wanted entry level to get started, but we are happy and suits our need well, weekender mostly.
Troutcamper
troutcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 03:54 PM   #3

2016 212 qbw

We have a 212 QBW and we love it. Just need more time to get out and use it. The only complaint i really have so far is the outside speakers need a switch instead of the fader to control them. Thinking about adding a switch.
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:17 PM   #4

Hi We ordered our 21QB back in July, but it was back ordered and so we had to wait until just a week ago to go finally pick it up. We DO love it! There are many perks of the Jay Flight version over the SLX... my favorite are the larger fresh water storage which is awesome for nature boondocking (90 gals) the larger 8 cu ft refrigerator, and yes the cabinetry is nice, totally loving the upgrades. We have both the Customer Value package, and also the Elite Package because now those are both mandatory... you get them no matter what. We are super happy with our purchase.

We bought ours from RVDirect - it cost us $14,675 total (including shipping fees too and our upgrades of the 29" LED TV and the roof ladder.)
LandTAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:24 AM   #5

Hi LandTAdventures, the Jay Flight 21QB you got was a 2016 model? Or 2017 model? I am interested in this 21QB as well now. Wondering if I can get the same deal now as you did last year. Was that price $14,675 RV Direct's original quote price? Or you negotiated down from their quote? Thanks a lot.
vancitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:18 PM   #6

Hi Eric!
We are still enjoying our 21QB, and on the road towing it now in fact (DH is driving, I'm passenger), making our way back to Wis summer job. Our model is a 2017 and they had just started making them so we had to wait for it to be built a few months (we picked it up in September 2016). Our price was the quote provided by RVDirect (also known as RVOne). We did not try to negotiate because the suggested MSRP was so much higher we figured we were getting a deal. I forget the name of the person who was our original contact (who handles internet inquiries) but the whole process was easy and professional. We talked to someone in finances regarding payment, also dealer who we were to pick up trailer from, as well as manager. I will buy from them again if we ever buy a new TT again. The trailer has been great, and we have been living in it full time since November really. I learned that you need to vacuum the vents and coils every couple of weeks of the A/C during times of heavy use (I.e.HOT months in Arizona) or you will experienced problems cooling.

Other than that we have had no problems at all. We installed 400 watts of solar on the roof (flexible panels, no drilling into roof, used eternabond roof tape to attach) and ran wiring down the shower vent cap into wall, down to under floor and back into pass through storage where charge controller was installed. And we LOVE boondocking, with free power from the sun and 90gal water storage, and nature's head composting toilet we can go 2 weeks without needing to dump (we use black tank as extra grey tank now) or take on more water. We live camping, and loving it. I will say this is a SMALL camper for 2 people fulltiming, but being small and "agile" was part of our goal so we don't have to be stuck in RV parks and could actually get out into nature. It's working well for us for now. Tip: check out Freecampsites.net, some awesome free campsites are out there!
LandTAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:05 PM   #7

Thanks for all the replies. That said, I ended up with the slightly larger 23RB. While the rear living area was enticing, ultimately the extra large wardrobe in the rear bathroom won me over.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote