Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-03-2019, 07:05 AM   #1
Lost in the Woods

Anyone have a 235 RKS ?

Picking ours up this week and just wondering how others like it.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 06:23 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

I guess that's a "NO" !!
Old 06-06-2019, 08:06 AM   #3

Love it!!

We love ours!!!
For a couple it has the best of it all, walk around bed, large shower stall, a commode that is made for a two legged human, the reclines are comfortable. Love the kitchen space, and the storage compartment.

With that being said, I jumped in and did some mods before our first trip. I got a luan panel 2' X 4' from Lowe's to section off the storage compartment for underbed access & outdoor access (straight accross).
I got a 32" TV & RV mount for the bedroom.
I got snaps and nylon strap from Walmart, and made snaps to keep both bathroom doors shut (one strap attached to the wall long enough to both sides of the door, and add extra snap on doors opposite the snap on the door).
I added a 12V usb & voltage indicator next to the stereo.
I also added a battery cut off switch for when in storage.
I also added a 12V battery minder to keep the battery charged.

Let me know what mods you do too.
Nomad4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:25 PM   #4
Lost in the Woods

Glad you're enjoying it !
We picked ours up yesterday, and I'm already digging into it. I've replaced the plastic toilet with a porcelain Dometic 320. I've also started to mount my 6v batteries and will rewire the "ready for solar" system that came from Jayco. The solar wires they provide are basically useless unless you purchase a special panel with built-in controller. I think I'll mount my controller beside the bed.
I also plan on installing 12v outlets on each side of the bed so that we can charge our phones at night. This is something that should have been done by Jayco from the factory, IMHO.
I also purchased a powered front jack which will get put on tomorrow. Again, Jayco should have installed this at the factory. The last item that I plan on putting on is a rear view camera.
I'll post some pics as items get checked off the list.
We love this floor plan, but since it's only for 2 people, I hope It wont be difficult to sell in a few years when we want to upgrade again.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:44 PM   #5

We bought a 235 rks in July and so far really love it.

We already replaced the mattress (we ordered the same one we have at home in a RV queen size), we added a power tongue jack (gift from my parents), and we plan to add some roll-out shelves to the deep pantry cabinets.

One thing I am struggling with though is where to put towel racks/hooks in the bathroom. What have others done for this?

I'm also looking for ideas to not hit the upper side cabinet when I wake up when our dog pushes me to the edge of the bed in the middle of the night. I was thinking of a fabric covered foam pad of some kind similar to the head pads installed above the doors on the inside, but haven't been able to find anything yet.
ADKAurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 05:50 PM   #6
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKAurora View Post
We bought a 235 rks in July and so far really love it.

We already replaced the mattress (we ordered the same one we have at home in a RV queen size), we added a power tongue jack (gift from my parents), and we plan to add some roll-out shelves to the deep pantry cabinets.

One thing I am struggling with though is where to put towel racks/hooks in the bathroom. What have others done for this?

I'm also looking for ideas to not hit the upper side cabinet when I wake up when our dog pushes me to the edge of the bed in the middle of the night. I was thinking of a fabric covered foam pad of some kind similar to the head pads installed above the doors on the inside, but haven't been able to find anything yet.
We have a couple hooks in the bed area for our towels located right beside the door. One of the first things I did was to make deep shelves for the pantry. Had difficulty buying extra long drawer slides at a reasonable price, so I ended up using 24" full extension ones. The whole drawer doesn't come fully out but it works perfectly.
Shame on Jayco for not putting on a power jack !!
Old 10-27-2019, 08:29 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
Shame on you for not just purchasing a Jayflight instead of a Jayflight SLX. By the sounds of it, you just purchased the wrong series of trailers. Next time one should do his homework instead of blaming the company..... they leave most of these items you just mentioned out to keep costs down. It must be a correct formula, just look around your favorite Provincial Park next season, they'll be more Jayflights than any other brand of trailer,and the majority of those will be SLX's!
Old 10-31-2019, 07:47 PM   #8

Agreed, you picked a package that excluded the items, however you can order it with all that stuff.