Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-28-2020, 10:53 PM   #1

Anyone have a Jayco 29L?

HI all, I'm new to the forums here.

I'm hoping some members who own a 29L model see this post and can offer some advice.

I've just purchased a 2010 Jayco 29L. Love the floor plan and have been looking for a long time so when this popped up locally, I jumped at it.

I've been reading a lot about the trailer and was hoping to get some opinions on some of the cons about the trailer. As a first time owner, I'm a little stressed about it! (although still excited

Furnace: one poster stated the furnace is under the bunkhouse and it is not even usable because the bunkhouse is so HOT when the front is barely warm. As such, the furnace can't even be used. Anyone else have the same feedback?

Grey Water: I noticed the grey water is quite small comparatively to others and is 2012, Although the tank sizes are al the same, they switched the grey size to black and vice versa. Any issues with the smaller 22.5 gal grey water tank when used conservatively (2 adults, 2 kids)?

I've also heard some cons about the slide depth but I'm not too worried about that as weight would become a factor. It's mainly the furnace and the tanks I'm concerned about and would love some seasoned expert opinions!

Thank you all in advance.
Greenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:01 PM   #2

I had a 29L for nearly ten years and loved it. When we went to Yellowstone in it it was 18 degrees at night and we used the propane heat. It was always warmer in the back end, but it wasn’t too bad. I did end up blocking some flow from mine to push more air up front, but if you changed the “T” when you open it up I think you could accomplish the same function. We got an external tank for longer boondocks trips but did fine most of the time. I also had two 7 gallon fresh water tanks I carried. It was a great rig for us and we only sold it to move up to s as fifth wheel. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0333.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	66715
jasonnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:03 PM   #3

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0134.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	66716
She was great!
jasonnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 09:23 PM   #4

Thanks very much for the reply JasonNorton! A big help! Another favor to ask, could you elaborate on ", but if you changed the “T” when you open it up......" I am not following you. Are you talking about changing out some of the ducting where it intersects connects to the floor register in the bunk house?

Thanks!
Greenic is offline   Reply With Quote