Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc616 View Post
I noticed if my TT was level water would run down the wall of the shower and pool on the top of the tub and then spill out onto my floor. I glued a thin piece of vinly stripping on the top of the tub and now it diverts the water back into the tub and not onto the floor.
do you remember where you got the vinyl stripping, I think I need to try the same thing.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #22

It was either in Lowes or Home Depot in the lumber section. They had different types of vinyl. So far ater 3 years it is working fine. I have thought to see if they have vinyl quarter round as well. I like the flat piece because it can be fitted under the shower surround wall and then if you put the quarter round on top of that it would look nice and be extra protection.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
My wife showered right after I did the other night and she then noticed some water on the floor right in front of the access panel to what I assume is the shower's plumbing. She guessed it at half a cup. Anybody have any similar experience or have a suggestion as to what I might do myself, as it's well over a hundred miles each way to a Jayco dealer.
On my 19RD the shower hose fitting on the faucet was loose. Water leaked out and down behind the faucet and from beneath the access panel. Fortunately I discovered the problem before having to remove the access panel.
Curt class V hitch
Reese trunion WD with dual cam
AC6CV/7 ex-W8RUR since 1954

Wyotraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #24

Mine leaked there also. One, the TT was not as level as it should have been. Two, shower curtain was not closed all the way.
Had my local dealership glue an runner all the way across the top of the tub to help keep water in. Works like a charm.

2011 Jayco Flight G2 23FB
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
1500Weight Distribution System, Accupower Pilot Brake Control, Sway Control, Husky Elec Jack
Moving Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #25

Also check the shower hose fitting at the faucet. Mine worked loose and that was where the water was coming from.
Curt class V hitch
Reese trunion WD with dual cam
AC6CV/7 ex-W8RUR since 1954

Wyotraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #26

I have noticed water on the floor after we shower also. Have two months left on warranty so going in to the dealer Thursday. He suggested checking the connections on the lines behind the panel which I did by opening the access panel. I turned both hot and cold water on but shut the shower valve off so water could not run but pressure stayed on the system. No leak from either the hot or cold connections so must be coming from the floor drain. Panels will have to come off the bottom of the shower to access that so I'm going to let the shop do it and hope its covered under warranty. I could seal with sealant around the edges and that would stop the water coming out. However, that does not stop the leak from the drain if indeed that is where it is coming from. I'm more concerned about long term damage to the wood members underneath.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #27

Have owned two Greyhawks and have had two shower leaks. Both time I justed needed to calk the showers to fix them.
dlostyle1950@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #28

Cracked fixture

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
My wife showered right after I did the other night and she then noticed some water on the floor right in front of the access panel to what I assume is the shower's plumbing. She guessed it at half a cup. Anybody have any similar experience or have a suggestion as to what I might do myself, as it's well over a hundred miles each way to a Jayco dealer.
I had a similar problem. It turned out to be a hairline crack in the fixture. This just the beginning of your water leak problems; open the furnace compartment after a driving rain and slide a piece of paper under the furnace, near the wall. I guarantee that you will find water.
tamosaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #29

tamosaitis, we get more firestorms that rainstorms here but I will check that next time we are in a rain. It's been a year and I don't know if I mentioned the fix that CW made. Our local CW (well, 60 miles from home) was willing to do warranty work and last November they fixed that shower problem as well as broken wood the bedboard framing was attached to. We spent the winter in Phoenix area and have had zero problems. Come to think of it we were caught in a deluge while setting up in Eagar AZ this September. Lots of rain, no evidence of leakage but it could have been hidden. Like I said, I'll check.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:31 AM   #30

I just looked for "Tidee Tubb Splash Guards" which basically re-route water from shower walls back into the tub rather than on the floor. RV's probably do suffer from this issue every now and then due to changes in how leveled they might or might not be. I am going to install these in my 19rd when I get it.
Tracy W is offline   Reply With Quote