Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-26-2010, 05:53 PM   #1

Anyone own 32 BHDS?

Anyone out there own a 32 BHDS that can share some lessons learned? ie...what options to get, what options not to get, negotiations, etc? Thank you for any inputs.
uncledavey75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #2

We just got ours, didn't need to add any options.
- Electric Awning
- Outdoor Speakers
- Outdoor Grill (this is small and I'm kinda disappointed with it)
- Insulated and Heated Underbelly
- Rear Storage slide out shelve
- 13,000 BTU A/C
- Exterior Shower (it's between the 2 slides)
- Diamond Plate on the front

I can't think of anything else, the U shaped dinette was a big selling point too. They do have an option for a 3rd bunk in the back instead of the "J-Cube", I might take that, but having another sofa in the rear is nice too.

Try to find an RV show, the Manufacturers give dealers extra money to move the show units, then deal from there.
usar2931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #3

Get the 15k btu a/c. It is a big TT and the upgrade is only $150.00. The J-Cube sofas are great in the kids room. I got all the options except the BBQ. The bike carry tray looks good, I will test it out in a couple of weeks. I had Jayco install a black tank flush before the sealed the underbelly. I ordered mine from RV Direct.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #4

I think I would definitely go for the larger ac unit. If my wife gets hot from the AC, that is not a good thing! lol

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #5

I've got one and the stock AC does OK here (TN) in the summer, but if you can get the upgraded one it's not a bad idea.

I wish they had the bike rack option when I bought mine in 2009, but they didn't. I wonder if they can retro install them??

I wouldn't bother with the grill. I had one on my first Jayco, but my family is too big for a small grill (it's listed in the "for sale forums here). I put a Coleman Roadtrip grill in the front pass though storage without any problems.

I understand they offer outside kitchens now, and although I thought that seemed like a great option at first, the "garage" storage area in the back is just too convienent. The grill and a coleman camp stove work just fine.

Other than that, no real options needed in the camper.

I choose a Hensley Arrow to tow with and it has been worth every penny, but that may not be the question you were asking.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to WestTXmed
We used to have a 32bhds (09 model) but traded it for a 303 rks. Hardly any problems with it at all but I do have a couple of "heads up" :

- keep an eye on the bathtub and surround. Ours leaked a little and we found it was from the surround being loosly attached to the wall. Its not sealed at the top or bottom where it meets the bathtub. We sealed it up and the leak stopped.

- the back slide: watch your head when you're coming around the back of that trailer! I gashed mine bad from one of the bottom corners- took 4 staples. I was talking to my dealer a few weeks later and in passing mentioned this, in which he replied, "Oh, we have folks hit their heads all the time on that back slide, especially kids."

That's all I got. Hope that helps. Great trailer.
-

"Here fishy, fishy, fishy......" - Me

"Never take a laxative and an Ambien in the same night." - Dr. Dad

2009 Eagle Superlight 303RKS, Hensley Arrow, 4 sets of Bal stabilizers to make the wife happy, and 2 Yamaha EF2000is inverter generators. Towed by a 2013 Toyota Tundra 4x4 CrewMax 5.7L.
WestTXmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTXmed View Post
We used to have a 32bhds (09 model) but traded it for a 303 rks. Hardly any problems with it at all but I do have a couple of "heads up" :

- keep an eye on the bathtub and surround. Ours leaked a little and we found it was from the surround being loosly attached to the wall. Its not sealed at the top or bottom where it meets the bathtub. We sealed it up and the leak stopped.

- the back slide: watch your head when you're coming around the back of that trailer! I gashed mine bad from one of the bottom corners- took 4 staples. I was talking to my dealer a few weeks later and in passing mentioned this, in which he replied, "Oh, we have folks hit their heads all the time on that back slide, especially kids."

That's all I got. Hope that helps. Great trailer.
-
Did you hit your head while walking around from the back (the front of your head), or the back of your head while cranking up the stabilizers? I am having a hard time understanding how you hit your head on the bottom corner of the slide.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #8

When I ordered mine, I basically got all of the options (except for the grill). I've been very happy with the outdoor kitchen so far; it was a big selling point on this trailer for us. I opted to get the trundle bed option in the back bedroom instead of the j-cube. I wanted more sleeping space and we won't have a TV back there or anything, so no need for a couch. I also opted to get the fold out couch (hide-a-bed) in the from instead of the J-steel sofa. It has an air mattress inside that is actually pretty comfy (way more comfortable than the j-steel for sleeping).

Definitely get the upgraded A/C and thermal package. The extra insulation helps as much in the summer as it does in the winter.
TexasA&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to WestTXmed
Talking

I was coming around the back of the TT and was ducking to avoid some branches and when I came back up- that's when I hit the top/center of my head. Little ones and bigger idiots like me seem to be hitting their heads on the slide corners when they come flying around the backside of the rigs. Of course, this could hold true with any TT with a slide, or a door for that matter. The worst I usually hear about are poor folks running into hitch pins on their 5th wheels.

"Let's be careful out there."

"Here fishy, fishy, fishy......" - Me

"Never take a laxative and an Ambien in the same night." - Dr. Dad

2009 Eagle Superlight 303RKS, Hensley Arrow, 4 sets of Bal stabilizers to make the wife happy, and 2 Yamaha EF2000is inverter generators. Towed by a 2013 Toyota Tundra 4x4 CrewMax 5.7L.
WestTXmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #10

Sorry to hear about your injury, it could of happened with any TT with a slide. I have seen rubber corner guards for sale that help prevent injuries like yours.

So far after one year and 35 days camping in my 32bhds I still love it.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote