Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-12-2015, 08:15 AM   #21

I bought my 27DSRL last year from them and saved two thousand over my local dealers best price. We had to go Iowa to pick it up but the money we saved paid for the vacation. I would recommend Direct RV and would buy from them again.
rgchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:59 AM   #22

just wanted to update this post...we pulled the trigger today on the local deal. we managed to get them to drop their price another $700, so in the end we ended up paying $2000 more than the RV Direct price.

based upon all the advice i received from everyone here, i think we made the right decision. we kept our business local, with all the benefits that go along with that. plus we didn't have to drive to Iowa to pick it up. happy with our decision in the end.

thanks to everybody for the sage advice!
Old 03-12-2015, 01:29 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully585 View Post
just wanted to update this post...we pulled the trigger today on the local deal. we managed to get them to drop their price another $700, so in the end we ended up paying $2000 more than the RV Direct price.

based upon all the advice i received from everyone here, i think we made the right decision. we kept our business local, with all the benefits that go along with that. plus we didn't have to drive to Iowa to pick it up. happy with our decision in the end.

thanks to everybody for the sage advice!
You saved a lot more then $2000....good will and proper service has a value. I am lucky that I have a good dealer close by.

They have called me several times since my purchase asking me how it is going, they even have provided me with a $100 gift card that they were offering new purchasers despite the fact that I bought 2 months before they started this promotion. They went back 3 months I was told. Class act!

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Spending my children's inheritances on my toys!
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 02:09 PM   #24

Congratulations on your purchase!
fourshermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:50 PM   #25

Congrats on your new trailer ..... there is a lot of advantages from buying local. If you feel you got a good deal, then you did get a good deal.

May you and your family have many great years camping in your new TT.

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE
2009 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 256RKS
2007 Jayflight 20BH
1997 Fleetwood Cheyenne PUP
1984 Rockwood 1080 - PUP 1969 Coleman PUP
gcloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 12:59 AM   #26

[QUOTE=gcloss;277893]1. Last fall I was on RV Direct's website and built a quote for a trailer that we really liked. I took the quote to a local Jayco dealer and he matched the price right to the penny. It was ordered from the factory and we had it in about 6 weeks. If you take this route that will eliminate your questions 2 & 3.

X2 my local dealer came in at $30 higher but were hundreds of miles closer than RVdirect. The only thing they did was request a quote like me to make sure I wasn't full of BS. When they verified the price I gave to them they didn't hesitate for a minute to get me within $30 which saved me a ton of money if you consider the round trip cost to the nearest RV direct dealer.
jkochmit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:13 AM   #27

rv direct

We bought a jayco 27rlds from them and are very happy. We live in Ottawa Canada and picked up in buffalo
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:26 AM   #28

[QUOTE=jkochmit1;279041]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcloss View Post
1. Last fall I was on RV Direct's website and built a quote for a trailer that we really liked. I took the quote to a local Jayco dealer and he matched the price right to the penny. It was ordered from the factory and we had it in about 6 weeks. If you take this route that will eliminate your questions 2 & 3.

X2 my local dealer came in at $30 higher but were hundreds of miles closer than RVdirect. The only thing they did was request a quote like me to make sure I wasn't full of BS. When they verified the price I gave to them they didn't hesitate for a minute to get me within $30 which saved me a ton of money if you consider the round trip cost to the nearest RV direct dealer.
The power of careful, well planned negotiations works every time.

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE
2009 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 256RKS
2007 Jayflight 20BH
1997 Fleetwood Cheyenne PUP
1984 Rockwood 1080 - PUP 1969 Coleman PUP
gcloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:59 AM   #29

We bought our hybrid X20E from RV Direct in Albany. Smooth transaction and very nice to deal with.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:13 PM   #30

Just bought a 26bhs today from my local dealer and used rvdirect.com price for neg. and they matched the price
Tdevito72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:02 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdevito72 View Post
Just bought a 26bhs today from my local dealer and used rvdirect.com price for neg. and they matched the price
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new trailer.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:02 PM   #32

I had a very, very good experience with RVD. They are very responsive to both price and technical questions. The person I worked with was returning a massive amount of emails to me on days she was off. I am the person who likes to spend my money locally with businesses just for the personable service. So we were looking for a 334RBTS and went to our local Jayco dealer who would not budge on the price which I thought was odd given the econnomic climate, especially selling RV's!! Contacted RVD who came back with a price of $8,000 cheaper for a rig actually that had about $1,000 more options on it so we were saving $9,000. The local dealer said go ahead and buy it from RVD, we aren't selling the coach at that price. So I said well can we at least talk about me supporting local business, etc, response was we sell at MSRP or we wont sell. Ok??? Jayco I hope you are reading this about one of your dealers in Pa.

I happen to work in sales for a global manufacturer, covering (9) dealers in 10 states selling very expensive products, so I think I know a thing or two about sales. Obviously the local dealer makes money on preying on customers who simply don't know any better and write the check. I work too hard for my money, went with RVD where I was treated like royalty by a person I never met or ever will meet in person. Who cares that I had to drive 5 hour to Albany NY to pick it up, I saved $8,000. Now I take it back to my local dealer who just had to do warranty work on it! Of course I made sure the RVD decals are very obvious.
Firefighter78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 04:50 AM   #33

I went to Buffalo RV and they couldn't believe that RV direct was giving me a better quote. Sad part is, I would be picking it up there if I ordered. I'm so happy that I had somewhere closer that didn't give me any troubles about matching the price.
fourshermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:51 AM   #34

[QUOTE=jkochmit1;279041]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcloss View Post
1. Last fall I was on RV Direct's website and built a quote for a trailer that we really liked. I took the quote to a local Jayco dealer and he matched the price right to the penny. It was ordered from the factory and we had it in about 6 weeks. If you take this route that will eliminate your questions 2 & 3.

No one can argue with your approach and for buying local. The sad truth is most local dealers won't come anywhere near the online price. Figuring in the low trade value and hi new TT price, I saved $5000 [net of cost of 900 mile round trip to pick it up] by buying from an online dealer.

Here I am coming up on my 2 year mark and am scheduling my first trip to a dealer for warrantee service before the warrantee runs out. Going to get the front cap painted [faded] and a couple of other minor issues addressed. If it wasn't for the cap issue I wouldn't bother even taking it in. Point is that in my opinion, purchasing an RV is about getting what you want for the best price. Workmanship of the manufacturer you choose is miles more important than worrying about the guy down the road who might get you in a few days faster if you buy from him. That guy will earn my business by selling at the best price and delivering good service if I bring in a product for repair.

Too many local dealers want to prey on "locals" who are too lazy or old fashion to shop for a better deal elsewhere. The stuck in the mud local dealers are going to be toast soon anyway because the younger generations pretty much buy everything on line. The ones that survive will be the ones who learn how to do business in the new world.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:15 AM   #35

Just picked up our new 28 Bhbe from Tampa RV and bought it from RV Direct. Both RV Direct and Tampa RV were great. I saved over $2,500 just took 2 months to get it. I was able to get the Camper the way I wanted it also. It was a great experience and would do it again. We went to Camping World and talked to a few other dealers and found they knew very little about the campers. I knew more about the campers buy doing research on the internet. The people at RV Direct were professional, helpful and knew the Jayco products they were selling.

Coach Kemble
Coach Kemble is offline   Reply With Quote