Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-12-2020, 05:34 PM   #1

Anyone Towing 28' Eagle with Toyota Tundra

Anyone on here towing a 28' Eagle with a Toyota Tundra? How does it handle the load? I'm currently towing a 284 BHSW with no issues. Looking into upgrading to the Eagle if my truck can handle the load ok. The Eagle is right at 8000lbs and the Tundra's towing capacity is 10,200lbs. I know it's well within the load range but really don't want to push the max after loading. Looking for perspective here. Thanks
alcain4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 07:21 PM   #2
crl

Tundra Towing Performance

I towed our 2019 White Hawk 28RL with the off-road and towing package Tundra. The posted dry weight is like 6800 lbs or so on our TT. The tundra had plenty of hp to tow, however, it came up a bit short on cargo capacity and the ability to get stopped as quickly as I needed to. I added airbags to reduce the sag in the rear end, and that did help a little, but did nothing as far as being able to stop.

I’m not going to say you can’t do it, but you may not be happy with the towing performance, it will certainly be stressful. We upgraded to a 3/4 ton to be more comfortable with stopping power and picked up extra cargo capacity. The 3/4 is just a more stable towing platform all around.
crl is offline   Reply With Quote