Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2020, 12:34 PM   #1

Anyone use the king portable antenna for dish network

We miss Tv at some campgrounds. Any one have any luck with King portable for dish network. Or any other ideas. Any input would be suggested.
Pebbles453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 01:58 PM   #2

We use a king. Works great unless your under a canopy trees. One thing I would tell you is if your a pay as you go like we are because we aren't full timers give yourself time getting it turned on. We only use it to watch NASCAR races an if a race is at 7 p.m. I'll start the process around 5:30 or 6 just for the simple fact it doesn't always come on with a flip of a switch. An don't use the app, they say u can but it could take 24 hrs to have it turned on.
One last thing. Get the free Satfinder app. Although the satellite does search around using this to locate the 3 satellites in the sky first cuts down on the time of getting everything set up. It's simple just point your phone to the sky like your goin to take a picture an you'll see the satellites you need.
I'd say due to a lot of the locations we camp at a lot of times we don't get HD on all the channels but it's still a great picture with no interferences. You also need to supply the zip code your camped at when you call to have it turned on so you can get the local channels.
Old 04-18-2020, 02:00 PM   #3

This is what that app looks like on Google apps. It was recommended by the King representative Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200418-155924_Google%20Play%20Store.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	57921
Old 04-18-2020, 02:21 PM   #4

We use the King and for some of the reasons Woodwooker said, we activate our camper receivers well before our first trip. And leave them active the whole season. We have dish at home so it's only $7 per month once we do activate. If you are not going to mount the antenna permanently on your roof, consider picking up the tripod for it. It makes it eeasier to setup. We do have a difficult time getting locked on a satellite. I am going to check out the app referenced above. I have a serious back injury that prevents me from being as active as I would like so TV is my relaxation while camping. We went the Dish route after several trips without any TV.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 03:55 PM   #5
CAG

Tailgator. I have used this one for years. I set it on a flat spot on the ground, hook the cable to it, and turn on the TV. It is running in no time. There is an Iphone app that you can use to "refresh" the signal as it sometimes gets lost when you move great distances. That takes about 5 minutes to get it back on track.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 10:29 AM   #6

I use the King with the Dish Wally receiver. It works great! I do pay as you go $50 month with local channels. So wherever I go you just update your location in the dish app. and you get the local channels for where you are.
The dish I usually just stick it on the roof of the RV facing south with no obstructions. Works great!

My Smoker Adventure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BSZsmP5X78
Use code SPdiscount to buy on Amazon
Spower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 10:55 AM   #7

We use a King/Wally for Dish. It works great as long as you have a clear shot of the southwest sky.
Aggiedad is offline   Reply With Quote