Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-22-2014, 06:10 PM   #1

Are these normal?

We have had our White Hawk for a year now and absolutely love it. But there are a couple of things I noticed I wasn't quite sure if they were normal. Now mind you I am the type who is overly meticulous about looking for potential issues, so maybe this is just me being a worry wart.

First, I can notice where the seams in the subfloor are through the vinyl flooring. It is like the subfloor flexes more at the seams so the seams become noticeable. It's not cracking the vinyl or anything, just something that I notice. Is this normal?

Second, I notice when I put the slide out in or out the whole slide out seems to flex a bit when it reaches the point where it is all the way in or all the way out. I have never had a slide out this size before so I am not sure, is this normal?
pmfinnegan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:06 AM   #2

Seeing the subfloor through the vinyl isn't normal. Eventually the flooring will crack from the movement. If you are still under warranty I would bring it to the attention of the dealer. Not sure what they can/will do right now, but I would at least have it documented. From your description, it sounds like the plywood decking isn't properly screwed down.

Can't help you with the slide. Never had one.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmfinnegan2 View Post
We have had our White Hawk for a year now and absolutely love it. But there are a couple of things I noticed I wasn't quite sure if they were normal. Now mind you I am the type who is overly meticulous about looking for potential issues, so maybe this is just me being a worry wart.

First, I can notice where the seams in the subfloor are through the vinyl flooring. It is like the subfloor flexes more at the seams so the seams become noticeable. It's not cracking the vinyl or anything, just something that I notice. Is this normal?

Second, I notice when I put the slide out in or out the whole slide out seems to flex a bit when it reaches the point where it is all the way in or all the way out. I have never had a slide out this size before so I am not sure, is this normal?
What model do you have?

Can't speak too much to the flooring except that I get the slightest bit of movement out of mine in a couple places. I doubt it would ever be enough to crack the flooring or even be visible from the surface. It's just something I notice in one or two spots when I'm walking around barefoot at night.

A while back I asked the same question about the slide. I took video and everything. I thought my slide was flexing too much, you could see the couch moving quite a bit, and the dinette moves a lot too. We determined that it was normal operation for a large slide.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote