Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-04-2023, 05:21 PM   #1

Atwood afs furance tripping breaker

Wondering if anyone has had the same issue I'm experiencing with my atwood afs furnace. Got the sail switch replaced recently and after then on our first camping trip the furance fails again. Find out that after 20 minutes of running the furnace the circut breaker trips anyone experienced this system before? I kinda leaning towards the blower motor failing but i dont hear any grinding or aweful noises that would indicated the bearing is failing.
thinking of starting with the circuit breaker first see if that does the trick
Attached Thumbnails
16779720285396042231389224006108.jpg  
T.clark21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 04:44 PM   #2

sorry you haven't got a reply yet. As much frustration I had with mine the first couple years, it was sail switch related, not circuit breaker. You're right though, the fan motor would draw the most current. Trouble shooting is a real pain due to the location. It's still worth getting a visual. You may spot something, esp if you can look while it's running.
I finally solved our problem by putting a sharper bend in the sail switch.
I also brought the error code led and the reset switch, by wire, out to where I could see them. That story is here.
Good luck.
Phoenix PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 04:49 PM   #3

Just thought of something else. We had a lot of trouble last summer with our water heater shutting down. It turned out to be an old dead moth in the propane/air mix inlet tube/manifold.
Just an idea.
Phoenix PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 06:33 PM   #4
Site Team

You could give Atwood a call to see if they might have an answer on where to check.

1-866-869-3118, option 5.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 07:37 PM   #5

Thank you all for the suggestions. I flicked the breaker back on ran the furance for a good hour adjusting the thermostat to different tempature and it didn't kick off and ran beautifully. Maybe it was a one off I mean we were camping in -5 tempature at night 23f if your from the USA. so I'll just run with it and see if anything changes
T.clark21 is offline   Reply With Quote