Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2021, 10:30 AM   #1

Auto Level Zero Procedure

Gurus
Brought home a 2021 Eagle HT 274CKDS with auto level yesterday. It is the Lippert TT system with Smart Jack Nectarine config (4 leveling jacks plus smart tongue jack). I have the BMPro Mini control panel in TT.
When I attempt to level in almost level driveway I get: Front jacks lower to ground, tongue jack raises. Then the rear jacks lower. When they get to ground it is almost perfectly level. At this point the right front jack starts extending to the stop (which raises front end 1.5 ft in air or so. When it hits the stop I get an error about too much slope.
I want to recalibrate the zero, but I can't find a procedure for this system. My only controls are on the Smart tongue jack and in my Jaycommand App that talks to the BMPro Mini control panel.
No manual I could find for this system on the lippert site and phone calls to service dept has them stumped because they keep telling me to go to a control panel that doesn't exist on this system.
Any help on do a zero calibration on this system?
Thanks
2017 Silverado 1500 DC 5.3L 4x4 LT (sold)
2021 Sierra 2500 SLT CCSB 4x4 (gas)
E4 16/1.6 hitch
Wxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 11:29 AM   #2
CAG

Have you tried Googling the brand and model number to see what pops up. Likely someone else has had your problem and has posted instructions/YouTube video of how it is done.

I found that different makes/models have different procedures. Mine is to level manually, then shut the system off then press the front button five times, then the back button five times. That zeros it and will be the "auto level" point.

Just for future. There are pages of YouTube videos on various problems and procedures with RVs. The search at the top of this page, in gold, helps but leaves something to be desired in finding prior threads. Google does better.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 03:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Have you tried Googling the brand and model number to see what pops up. Likely someone else has had your problem and has posted instructions/YouTube video of how it is done.

I found that different makes/models have different procedures. Mine is to level manually, then shut the system off then press the front button five times, then the back button five times. That zeros it and will be the "auto level" point.

Just for future. There are pages of YouTube videos on various problems and procedures with RVs. The search at the top of this page, in gold, helps but leaves something to be desired in finding prior threads. Google does better.
There is a good search feature here for this site. LINKY

2018 Jayco White Hawk 31BH 34'
2004 Surveyor by Forest River 29'
1996 Coachman Catalina 25'
2002 Jayco 12UTD PopUp
TrashMan Videos
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 05:56 PM   #4

All my initial searches brought up different control panels with buttons I didn't have. Also true with the dealer instructions.
I got in touch with Jayco customer service and they emailed the correct procedure. It didn't fix the autolevel. It did change what was happening but the unit could not level itself. Just kept raising different jacks until all four wheels and one jack were completely off the ground and it still wasn't level.

For now I will settle for accomplishing manually and letting a dealer look at this along with whatever else pops up after a couple of trips.
2017 Silverado 1500 DC 5.3L 4x4 LT (sold)
2021 Sierra 2500 SLT CCSB 4x4 (gas)
E4 16/1.6 hitch
Wxman is offline   Reply With Quote