Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #11

I'm not sure about everyone else's, but I only roll mine in and out in the "flat out" position, but once out I adjust the angle as necessary. Then, before rolling it back in, I put it back in the "flat out" position - works just fine.

Roadmaster Active Suspension
Ranger431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger431 View Post
I'm not sure about everyone else's, but I only roll mine in and out in the "flat out" position, but once out I adjust the angle as necessary. Then, before rolling it back in, I put it back in the "flat out" position - works just fine.
Thats what the dealer told me to do as well. Said it would bind if rolled in or out in any other position. However, a quick, high wind had me rolling it up quickly, when tilted down, and no binding. I seem to remember looking over the awning manual and it didn't say anything about being flat out to roll up or extend. but then i have read so much about everything in my TT, that i could be mistaken. i'll look again when I go back.

No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:30 AM   #13

The manual states that the awning can be rolled up in a sloped setting. What it does warn against is have a 3 or more button disparity between the arms when attempting to retract the awning. Basically, the awning can be retracted at any slope position as long as the arms are nearly even in their settings. I have a one button disparity to drain water off the awning in the event it rains. I have retracted the awning in this setting with no issues.
1 Wife
....and empty pockets
nitrohorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #14

[QUOTE=MrKong;93443]I rolled mine in in the shortest position. It works just fine. If its rolled up, isn't the buttons covered up by the bottom arm?[/QUOTE

I cannot adjust mine when in. I have to roll it out to adjust. When i 1st got it, I could not adjust the arms at all, they seemed stuck. I applied some dry lube that you use on your slide outs, and now it adjust perfectly with ease!

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrohorse View Post
The manual states that the awning can be rolled up in a sloped setting. What it does warn against is have a 3 or more button disparity between the arms when attempting to retract the awning. Basically, the awning can be retracted at any slope position as long as the arms are nearly even in their settings. I have a one button disparity to drain water off the awning in the event it rains. I have retracted the awning in this setting with no issues.
x2... I extend/retract in all slope angles, as long as they are within a notch or two. I've never had an issue with that, and very rarely do I have it straight out.
Happy camping!

rescuebub is offline   Reply With Quote