Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #1

Awning Angle

We have a 2012 26RLS. The awning goes straight out, how do we change the angle on it? There is a silver push button pin on the arm, but when pushed, the arm just slides within itself and has no effect on the angle. If that makes any sense whatsoever.
2012 Jayco JayFlight 26RLS
0000 Children
Only 25 years to retirement!

"If it weren't for the rocks in it's bed, the stream would have no song." ~Carl Perkins
Rockypointers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockypointers View Post
We have a 2012 26RLS. The awning goes straight out, how do we change the angle on it? There is a silver push button pin on the arm, but when pushed, the arm just slides within itself and has no effect on the angle. If that makes any sense whatsoever.
Do you have the electric awning? If so, you will not notice any tilt to the awning until you roll it out. I believe the instructions call for no more then 2 hole difference between the two awning arms to keep it from binding up when rolling in/out.

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:53 AM   #3

Rockypointer,
Extend the awning and then make the angle adjustments with the buttons. I read the awning manual
and Carefree states not to have more than three hole difference between the two arms as it may bind when retracting
the awning. The first weekend we went camping I had the awning straight out and hated it. Played around with it last week
in the driveway and now it will tilt....much happier now.
1 Wife
....and empty pockets
nitrohorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:11 AM   #4

If it is an electric awning; change the set point ONLY while the awning is closed. Do not have more than three buttons holes differences between the two sides. Once it is adjusted then open the awning.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
If it is an electric awning; change the set point ONLY while the awning is closed. Do not have more than three buttons holes differences between the two sides. Once it is adjusted then open the awning.
I have only had my new TT about 1 month, and it does have an electric awning. My dealer didn't say much concerning the awning except that "it should be in the furthest extended position to roll it back in. When we got the TT to our site, I put the awning out and hated that it was straight out, so I dropped each side about 3 notches. I did this while extended. Later that same night it got real windy, real quick, and not wanting to lose the awning to the wind, rolled it in. I have left it in that position and been rolling in and out ever since. Could be I mis-understood him. Next time I am down, I will look and see if adjustments are possible when closed.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #6

I rolled mine in in the shortest position. It works just fine. If its rolled up, isn't the buttons covered up by the bottom arm?
Old 08-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #7

We have the electric awning. Ours dowsn't adjust
Some do, some don't
https://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackeer View Post
I have only had my new TT about 1 month, and it does have an electric awning. My dealer didn't say much concerning the awning except that "it should be in the furthest extended position to roll it back in. When we got the TT to our site, I put the awning out and hated that it was straight out, so I dropped each side about 3 notches. I did this while extended. Later that same night it got real windy, real quick, and not wanting to lose the awning to the wind, rolled it in. I have left it in that position and been rolling in and out ever since. Could be I mis-understood him. Next time I am down, I will look and see if adjustments are possible when closed.
That's what I did, no problems. Later I dropped one side another 2 notches while it was extended to get the water away from the door side. That worked as well. Maybe I shoulda checked my manual first haha.

DieselX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
Carefree's manual states that you can apply upward pressure on the pivot arm while adjusting the slope. In fact, there's a photo of the
awning in the open position while adjustments are made. That would be impossible to apply upward pressure if the awning is in the closed position. My advice is to read the manual that came with the awning as there may be some differences in the adjusting procedure.
1 Wife
....and empty pockets
Old 08-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #10

Thank you all! Seems like a e z doo and will attempt on the next trip out!
2012 Jayco JayFlight 26RLS
0000 Children
Only 25 years to retirement!

"If it weren't for the rocks in it's bed, the stream would have no song." ~Carl Perkins
Rockypointers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #11

I'm not sure about everyone else's, but I only roll mine in and out in the "flat out" position, but once out I adjust the angle as necessary. Then, before rolling it back in, I put it back in the "flat out" position - works just fine.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger431 View Post
I'm not sure about everyone else's, but I only roll mine in and out in the "flat out" position, but once out I adjust the angle as necessary. Then, before rolling it back in, I put it back in the "flat out" position - works just fine.
Thats what the dealer told me to do as well. Said it would bind if rolled in or out in any other position. However, a quick, high wind had me rolling it up quickly, when tilted down, and no binding. I seem to remember looking over the awning manual and it didn't say anything about being flat out to roll up or extend. but then i have read so much about everything in my TT, that i could be mistaken. i'll look again when I go back.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:30 AM   #13

The manual states that the awning can be rolled up in a sloped setting. What it does warn against is have a 3 or more button disparity between the arms when attempting to retract the awning. Basically, the awning can be retracted at any slope position as long as the arms are nearly even in their settings. I have a one button disparity to drain water off the awning in the event it rains. I have retracted the awning in this setting with no issues.
1 Wife
....and empty pockets
Old 08-25-2012, 06:54 AM   #14

[QUOTE=MrKong;93443]I rolled mine in in the shortest position. It works just fine. If its rolled up, isn't the buttons covered up by the bottom arm?[/QUOTE

I cannot adjust mine when in. I have to roll it out to adjust. When i 1st got it, I could not adjust the arms at all, they seemed stuck. I applied some dry lube that you use on your slide outs, and now it adjust perfectly with ease!

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:11 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrohorse View Post
The manual states that the awning can be rolled up in a sloped setting. What it does warn against is have a 3 or more button disparity between the arms when attempting to retract the awning. Basically, the awning can be retracted at any slope position as long as the arms are nearly even in their settings. I have a one button disparity to drain water off the awning in the event it rains. I have retracted the awning in this setting with no issues.
x2... I extend/retract in all slope angles, as long as they are within a notch or two. I've never had an issue with that, and very rarely do I have it straight out.
Happy camping!
rescuebub is offline   Reply With Quote