Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-01-2021, 06:50 PM   #1

Awning help

I have a 2022 Jay Feather Micro, the awning works but when retracted the bottom of the front arm does not go flush against the body of the trailer. I have read about adjustments on the material and have tried but nothing seems to help. Has anyone else experienced this and how was it fixed?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0947.jpg  
Old 12-01-2021, 07:20 PM   #2

Not sure if this could be the problem has the awning been dipped? Look along the arms, mine has push pins so you can lower the awning by pushing the pins, either both at the same time, or just one side to let the water run off when it rains.

I wonder if one side is different than the other which might cause that?
2016 Feather 7 18RBM
GarlicDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 07:33 PM   #3

Since it is new I was playing around with dipping it but it does not have any push pins, its a set screw type setup. I did the same on the other side and its fine... that is what is odd.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC_AZ View Post
I have a 2022 Jay Feather Micro, the awning works but when retracted the bottom of the front arm does not go flush against the body of the trailer. I have read about adjustments on the material and have tried but nothing seems to help. Has anyone else experienced this and how was it fixed?
It sounds like you have already checked for fabric issues, but where the arms stop is (assuming they are not bent or binding) a result of the fabric. You have one motorized head and one idler. Check the length fully extended to make sure the fabric is equal on both arms.

Does the arm that doesn't close stop short? Or does it close and then gap out like in the photo?
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 06:23 PM   #5

Thanks for the idea, I checked and they are both the same length when fully out. In looking at the arms when standing directly in front of each one the one that sticks out on the bottom does look a little tweaked/lean toward the front of the trailer. But none of the arms look actually bent... It looks as if they didnt mount it to the trailer right as some of the screws are not really straight/flat.

I did move the material a bit in both directions and both at the trailer and at the end of the arms and neither one of those moves changed anything. So moved it all back.

Im at a loss and it might have come like this as we noticed it after our first trip. I do have service scheduled but not till Feb... oh the fun.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC_AZ View Post
Since it is new I was playing around with dipping it but it does not have any push pins, its a set screw type setup. I did the same on the other side and its fine... that is what is odd.
We have the set screw type. They told us that the screws should always be loose when you close it.