Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-19-2017, 12:20 PM   #1

Awning Replacement

Hi, all! Our awning is destroyed and will need replacement; a slice on the roof will also need repair. Anyone have any thoughts as to how much a complete (electric) awning replacement should cost? It's a 13' awning on a 2016 23MRB.
Attached Thumbnails
cat, trailer 013.jpg  
Jim-n-Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:24 PM   #2

How did that occur? Vehicle contact?
Old 03-19-2017, 01:19 PM   #3
Site Team

Is it a Carefree brand? If so, they come as components, such as (1) fabric type, color. (2) arms by color, etc. Is the whole assembly broken, or just the rear arm? The entire awning would be around $1900.00, give or take.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:58 AM   #4

Apparently we hit a branch. Funny thing is, we neither heard nor felt anything at all. No impact jolt, thing. And we were going slow, too.
Jim-n-Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:46 AM   #5

That sucks. I feel for you. I had weather destroy an awning on me in October 2015. Left it open when I left for dinner not realizing a thunderstorm was about to roll through. I ended up trading the rig in with a destroyed awning. When I was pricing replacements, the whole deal was about $1800 including new fabric and arms. Mine was an A&E (Dometic). As mentioned, price will vary depending if you can salvage any of the hardware.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:28 PM   #6

On our first rig I had a self inflicted wound to our awning (left out in heavy rain with no tilt). Cracked the tube in half, bent one of the arms etc. The tube and fabric had fell and covered both doors and I had to cut my way out. Funny now.

But, I claimed it on my rv insurance since I had never used it. Shop I dealt with then helped me out, wrote a msrp type estimate, and in the end the insurance payment covered parts, deductible and everything else and I walked away with a new awning and nothing out of pocket. Kept the good parts to the old one as well just in case.

In your case on the roof, Eternabond will fix that if not just terrible.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:31 PM   #7

Also, if yours is a Carefree, might consider going back with a Dometic/ A&E 9100 electric awning. Less bs in the arms.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:06 PM   #8

Self inflicted injury

I had a slit in my roof about 12" in length. I filled it with M-1 sealant and covered it with Eternabond. I learned this all from this forum. The repair is perfect and never leaked. It is a DIY project. I am grateful to others for sharing this wisdom.
pop up pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 09:58 AM   #9

Warped tube on awning

I left my awning out at a campground and was not there when it rained hail the water and it bent my tubing. I guess that’s what it’s called at the end of the awning. Is there a fix for that? If not, where can I buy one and how much And to replace the fabric
Ginamangum1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 01:26 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginamangum1970 View Post
I left my awning out at a campground and was not there when it rained hail the water and it bent my tubing. I guess that’s what it’s called at the end of the awning. Is there a fix for that? If not, where can I buy one and how much And to replace the fabric
It all depends on several things. The brand of awning, electric or manual, and the length of the roller tube. Awning fabric price can vary by the length, and whether it's a 8' or 9' fabric when extended. Also labor if you're going to have it done or do it yourself.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning replacement, repair, repair costs