Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2018, 05:15 PM   #1

BAL 7.3 Auto Level on 2019 models

I was wanting to see if anyone has any info on the new BAL 7.3 auto level system in the 2019 Jayco Eagle travel trailers. It is incredibly hard to find any info on it besides one 2 minute video on the internet. I know previous years had the BAL 5 point auto level system and now they are incorporating the 7 point. Is it going to level much better? Will it be more like a motor home auto level? Just curious to find out more info on it. I’m going to purchase a new 330RSTS and with both 2018 and 2019 models out, should I only be looking at 2019 models due to the new 7.3 Auto level that the 2018 does not have? The only other difference I noticed between the 19 and 18’s is that they closed the bedroom door off into the bathroom on the 2019 model and I’m ok with that. Any help, advice would be great appreciated!
Sbrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:36 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbrunk View Post
I was wanting to see if anyone has any info on the new BAL 7.3 auto level system in the 2019 Jayco Eagle travel trailers. It is incredibly hard to find any info on it besides one 2 minute video on the internet. I know previous years had the BAL 5 point auto level system and now they are incorporating the 7 point. Is it going to level much better? Will it be more like a motor home auto level? Just curious to find out more info on it. I’m going to purchase a new 330RSTS and with both 2018 and 2019 models out, should I only be looking at 2019 models due to the new 7.3 Auto level that the 2018 does not have? The only other difference I noticed between the 19 and 18’s is that they closed the bedroom door off into the bathroom on the 2019 model and I’m ok with that. Any help, advice would be great appreciated!
There aren't many differences between 18 and 19s. I originally ordered a 18 and received a 19. The interior changed (colors and light styles) and they removed the sliding door that you mentioned. The difference between the BAL 5 and 7 is a set of stabilizers. It still levels using the tongue jack and two leveling jacks behind the wheels. The 7 version has stabilizers at all 4 corners, whereas the 5 only had them in the front or the back (not sure which). The leveling capability hasn't changed at all, just extra stabilizers.

I've never had autolevel before, so I think it's pretty great.
morleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 04:58 PM   #3

Thank you for letting me know about those! I searched the internet far and wide and couldn’t find a thing about the difference etc! I know you said you haven’t ever had the automatic leveling before so you wouldn’t know if there is a noticeable difference but do you notice much movement while you are camped? The two extra stabilizers would have to help some wouldn’t they?
I was hoping that the new system was 4 or possibly 6 actual leveling jacks like you see on 5th wheels or motorhomes but it sounds like from what you were saying that that is NOT the case :-(
Old 08-10-2018, 05:04 PM   #4

I forgot to ask you Morleyz......is the built in DVD player now blu ray disc compatible? I was watching a Jayco video showing the 2018 330rsts and someone had asked if the built in stereo/DVD player played Blu-Ray disc’s and they said no they do not BUT that was going to be a standard feature of the 2019 model year. Curious if they actually implemented that or not.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Thank you for letting me know about those! I searched the internet far and wide and couldn’t find a thing about the difference etc! I know you said you haven’t ever had the automatic leveling before so you wouldn’t know if there is a noticeable difference but do you notice much movement while you are camped? The two extra stabilizers would have to help some wouldn’t they?
I was hoping that the new system was 4 or possibly 6 actual leveling jacks like you see on 5th wheels or motorhomes but it sounds like from what you were saying that that is NOT the case :-(
It's more stable than my old White Hawk with just stabilizers, but without any comparison it's hard to say. I guess if you plan on having kids run around you're going to notice, but with the wife and I the movement wasn't anything worth writing home about.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:23 PM   #6

Quote:
I forgot to ask you Morleyz......is the built in DVD player now blu ray disc compatible? I was watching a Jayco video showing the 2018 330rsts and someone had asked if the built in stereo/DVD player played Blu-Ray disc’s and they said no they do not BUT that was going to be a standard feature of the 2019 model year. Curious if they actually implemented that or not.
I'm not sure, but I'm planning on running over to the trailer in storage this weekend and can check.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:32 PM   #7

Someone posted this a while back. It has the 2019 enhancements and options.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/at...9&d=1525282841
Spurticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:34 PM   #8

Thank you Spurticus! I have been looking for that sheet and I couldn’t find it!! Thank you, thank you!!
Old 08-11-2018, 01:26 PM   #9

Quote:
DVD only. Could not read a BluRay.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:39 PM   #10

Is there a 2020 enhancement and option sheet posted yet?
Old 03-21-2019, 06:27 PM   #11

Sorry to say but I ordered my 330RSTS with the 7.3 only to take delivery with the 5.3 and was told by Jayco the 7.3 didn't work out so they stopped using
tylersdad95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:22 PM   #12

That just doesn’t make sense to me? Why would the 7.3 not work out but the 5.3 does? Keystone outback has been using the 7.3 for 2-3 years now with great success. I would think 2 extra means of support would benefit the RV and the people inside of it? Very strange and Jayco seems very elusive about their automatic leveling and I cannot get any info on their current automatic leveling or why they got rid of the 7.3?
Old 03-22-2019, 04:21 AM   #13

Not sure why they discontinued, but I called them and they really had no answer for me. They offered to pay for an extra set of electric stabilizers to be installed in back near bumper, these do not work with auto level but do help, again very strange why they offered on the build sheet but sent with 5.3
tylersdad95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 330rsts, 330rsts, auto level