Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-28-2017, 09:51 PM   #21

Yes, it does exist! We did get to try it and it works slick! Basically one touch and stand back and watch it work! I can't really answer on the stroke question since the trailer was on a level paved lot when we tested it. The stability of the trailer appeared to be equal that of our old Tracer which has the electric jacks. We are definitely going to keep the auto level on the new order. Yeah, it sucks the trailer was wrong, but at least the next one should be here by May which is fine by me.

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:09 PM   #22

Received our 24MBH with BAL 5.3 and SaniCon. The autolevel exceeds my expectations so far. I've only used it on my driveway so far, but the side to side leveling is where I thought it wouldn't be much use. I'm guessing it lifted one side a couple inches to level side to side. The tires are still touching, but it took quite a bit of weight off one side. The stroke in the front and tongue jack is reasonable, but I had to block all three points on my driveway, but my driveway has a lot of fall so that is expected. Taking it on its maiden voyage next weekend so I'll have a better feel and see what the SaniCon is about.
vanspragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:31 PM   #23

Thanks for the update! Glad it's exceeding your expectations! Our 28 DSBH is due to come offline on May 1st. Can't wait for it to be here! Hopefully this time it will have all the options that we ordered! Good luck with your first trip with the new rig!

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
Old 04-21-2017, 08:00 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
one would hope that Jayco did some actual evaluations on this system on each model TT they offered them on, then chose this system over the Ground Control TT system and others, based on it's merits and performance?

That's a good one bluejay.
I assume you're being sarcastic because my bet is the BAL salesman walked in one day and said "we have a leveling unit that cost less than Lipert" and Jayco's purchasing department said "we'll take it!"

Buddy Ray - Atlanta
---------------
Jayco Eagle HT 26.5RLS
Ford F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 02:36 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyRay View Post
That's a good one bluejay.
I assume you're being sarcastic because my bet is the BAL salesman walked in one day and said "we have a leveling unit that cost less than Lipert" and Jayco's purchasing department said "we'll take it!"

Buddy Ray - Atlanta
---------------
Jayco Eagle HT 26.5RLS
Ford F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Was I That obvious BuddyRay?!?
Old 05-05-2017, 02:41 PM   #26

I just ran across this video about what appears to be at least a different, if hot upgraded BAL system that has the control panel in the side of the unit instead of on the tongue jack.

Introducing the BAL 7.0 Auto Leveling System (offered on SOB)

Old 05-05-2017, 02:47 PM   #27

Update on 5.3 and Sanicon

So far, auto level is working great. I keep blowing the 30 AMP fuse up by the battery, but I haven't isolated the cause yet. I don't think it is auto or not. I replaced it when I got home from dealer, then it was blown again when we tore down last weekend and most have been blown for a while as the battery was flat once I replaced it. Now I of course can't get the thing to blow no matter how much I stress the DC system.

Sanicon is ridiculously fast. The pump ran for maybe 15 seconds on a 2/3 full gray tank. I'll have to play with it more, but it almost sounded like it was pumping faster than it could gravity flow waste to the pump. I might need to run it a few seconds, then shut it off for a couple while more waste water catches up.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:07 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanspragg View Post
Update on 5.3 and Sanicon

So far, auto level is working great. I keep blowing the 30 AMP fuse up by the battery, but I haven't isolated the cause yet. I don't think it is auto or not. I replaced it when I got home from dealer, then it was blown again when we tore down last weekend and most have been blown for a while as the battery was flat once I replaced it. Now I of course can't get the thing to blow no matter how much I stress the DC system.

Sanicon is ridiculously fast. The pump ran for maybe 15 seconds on a 2/3 full gray tank. I'll have to play with it more, but it almost sounded like it was pumping faster than it could gravity flow waste to the pump. I might need to run it a few seconds, then shut it off for a couple while more waste water catches up.
Glad you're enjoying your new rig! Thanks for the updates!

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

Old 01-04-2019, 10:48 AM   #29

Update on our 2017 24MBH. We have so far replaced both axles on the trailer, Sanicon hose, one fender, propane tank mounts, and have had various other fixes done. On the plus side, the BAL auto leveling still preforms above my exceptions. Our dealer has been great getting all the repairs done under the 2 year warranty, but if your in the market for a used 2017 24MBH or any 2017 Whitehawk, really look over that axles. We really do travel pretty light, so I suspect maybe some defective axles made it through production.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:53 PM   #30

What failed regarding the axles? Thanks
bhos13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:13 AM   #31

Axles

Not really sure what failed but what I noticed with the wheels not tracking correctly. The rear one had one tire tilted inwards which lead to the inside edge of the tire wearing unevenly compared to the outer edge. The front one when I noticed it both wheels were out of alignment and the wheels looked like a parallelogram looking at them from the tongue en of the camper. One wheel tilted in towards camper and the other out.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:14 AM   #32

Tt leveling

Brings up the question, "Am I leveling correctly?". I level fore and aft using tongue Jack. Then port and starboard using leveling jacks starting with the low side after blocks under tires if needed.
jtrhodes99 is offline   Reply With Quote