Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-19-2018, 09:43 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to wilderness john Send a message via MSN to wilderness john
Exclamation Barker portable dump tank

Got my new unit. Will use this coming weekend.
Looks to be well designed but Had to remove and reinstall main axel as one side had popped out of the bracket molded into the tank. Hope the pop on hubs will continue to hold the wheel on.

Also, three of the 4 zerk (grease) fittings would not take grease. Not even after I removed them and tried to force grease in. So, had to remove them and use a needle attachment on my grease gun to shoot grease into the bearing area, then replace the zerks. A real tedious and annoying process.

Since the wheels and grease fittings were major factors in choosing this unit (42 gallon) I was surprised by the problems.
wilderness john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:59 AM   #2

I had problems with the Barker as well. The front axle was just too short to fit into the slots. I had to remove some washers to get it to pop in. I have not greased any bearings yet. It has worked well so far now that the axle fits.
Lorelei56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:49 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to wilderness john Send a message via MSN to wilderness john
Barker tank works great

Despite my moaning about grease fittings and the axle I have to say it is a good product and worked really well last weekend. Very Pleased with it.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:07 PM   #4

If you have problems call Barker, they are great to deal with and send out needed parts fast.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
If you have problems call Barker, they are great to deal with and send out needed parts fast.
Thanks. I'll give them a call about the Zerk fittings.

Asked for them to send new ones in my warranty form I sent in but that may not get the job done.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:18 PM   #6

I bought the 42...decided to bulletproof the axles by pulling the problematic caps and installed retaining collars that are held on by set screws. The rear was 5/8" bore and the front were 1/2" bore. Also bought an aftermarket hose cap with more threads and modified it to replace the short cap for the level float.
Cam640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 05:28 PM   #7

Sounds like good upgrades.