Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-08-2020, 05:19 PM   #21

I like BatteryMINDer products as well for the desulfation function.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 07:57 PM   #22

I used Battery Tender (a good choice) until 2017 and switched to Black and Decker- good, reliable (so far), waterproof 12V in both 2 & 6 amp, magnet on the bottom to stick to hood or whatever. The 6/12 volt isn't waterproof. Wiring for 2-prong, clamps, lighter plug. My primary reason for switching is because the B&D is waterproof.

When I'm on an extended trip, they go on my two cars I leave at home (one hooked up through the lighter plug). When I'm home, one stays on my pickup, with occasional use of the 6-volt to top off my trailer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 08:53 PM   #23

I whole heartedly recommend the NOCO products. The new GENIUS Series chargers will maintain pretty much any type of battery. They also have desulfation and acid stratification charge programs to try and recover damaged batteries.

Look at a GENIUS5 or GENIUS10.
I have an older (last year) G1100 which I now have on my motorcycle because it has an AGM in it and the NOCO has a specific setting for AGM that some maintainers lack.

My 2 cents.
DSchmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:18 AM   #24

I have several Dextron battery tenders (Plus model) and also a Dextron bench top four bank battery tender that I use for my boat batteries. I keep my quad and motorcycle plugged in all year long. Additionally I keep my JD lawn tractor plugged in over the winter. I highly recommend the Dextron Battery Tender Plus. Had a couple of them for years with no problems.

Cheers,Rick
CBCOCRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:15 PM   #25

I'll also recommend Battery Tender Plus as I have (3) of them for my RV, Boat and a car. My real addition to this post is to mention the Battery Tender Solar Panels (12V, 830mA, 15W) I use two of these when I store my rig where 110v power is unavailable. I called Delco (mfg. for Battery Tender) and they told me I needed one for each battery. I built an aluminum stand to get them off the dirt and they work very well.
Old 01-10-2020, 01:31 PM   #26

I apologise. They are not Dextron but rather they are "Deltran" Guess I'm getting old
CBCOCRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:14 PM   #27

It must be going around, I called them Delco. You are correct it is "Deltran".