Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-01-2013, 07:31 AM   #1

Battery tender

I've read up on this as much as I can but still need to ask about my own TT.
I have a 2007 Jayflight 23FB and don't know if I should leave it connected to shore power
all winter or bring the batteries inside. I know it has an IOTA ILC series load center and I believe it's a model 3045. I'd rather leave the batteries on the trailer.
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:27 AM   #2

I just disconnect the batteries for winter after making sure they are fully charged. They hold most of the charge all winter.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
I've read up on this as much as I can but still need to ask about my own TT.
I have a 2007 Jayflight 23FB and don't know if I should leave it connected to shore power
all winter or bring the batteries inside. I know it has an IOTA ILC series load center and I believe it's a model 3045. I'd rather leave the batteries on the trailer.
I found the specifications for the 3045. If this is the one that your TT uses, it is not a 3 or 4 stage charge controller, so I personally would not leave the battery hooked up to the TT (on shore power) while in storage. Better if you take it home and care for it there.
Don

Link to the 3045 unit - http://www.bestconverter.com/assets/...LS/ilcmanl.pdf
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #4

Delaware does not get all that cold, so freezing a battery is not as big of an issues as it is in other parts. I am not familiar with your on board converter. There should be a model number on it, probably right inside the cover. Google the make and model and you should find all the info you need. If it is a three stage you will be fine. If you cannot determine if the charge is a three stage, you could pull the fuse at the battery, then every few months put the fuse back in and charge the battery up for a few days. Then remove the fuse and disconnect the shore power.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
Site Team

Link to my battery care album and listed is the battery storage process that is recommended by USBattery.
Don

My Battery Care Album - http://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?albumid=371
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #6

Thanks everyone for the info. I looked all over what I could see of the front of the converter but can't find a model number. I'm just going by the owners manual that was in the trailer. I too suspect it is not a 3 or 4 stage converter. Pulling the fuse/shore power and reconnecting maybe once a month for a recharge sounds like the way I'll go. Would it be worth it to upgrade the power center?
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
Thanks everyone for the info. I looked all over what I could see of the front of the converter but can't find a model number. I'm just going by the owners manual that was in the trailer. I too suspect it is not a 3 or 4 stage converter. Pulling the fuse/shore power and reconnecting maybe once a month for a recharge sounds like the way I'll go. Would it be worth it to upgrade the power center?
If you going to buy something just get a battery tender. I pull my batteries whenever we aren't camping, takes about 2 min and I know my batteries are being taken care of.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote