Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2015, 08:58 AM   #1

BBQ Connection - Tee

I want to add a tee to the outside BBQ propane connection so I can run both my Weber Q and camp stove at the same time. My plan is to build my own tee with brass fittings and Camco quick connect valves. Before I do this, does anyone know of a pre built tee that can be used? I have looked quite a bit but have not been able to find anything. Thanks.

ddrueckh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:21 PM   #2

Camping world carries them. You can look online.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:40 AM   #3

ddrueckh, I believe the factory installed BBQ line is already low pressure and therefore you would need an adapter for your Weber which doesn't have a regulator. The Jaco factory BBQ does not have a regulator on it. My father-in-law is planning to run his Coleman Roadtrip and is trying to figure out how to buy/make an adapter without the built in regulator. Let us know what you come up with.
Slobber Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:09 PM   #4

I want to do more or less the same thing. I would like to add a tee to the existing quick connect to supply propane to my low pressure grill, as well as my stove. I have checked camping world's website and see no such thing.

Has anyone discovered a pre-made solution?
Old 07-14-2015, 03:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobber Monkey View Post
ddrueckh, I believe the factory installed BBQ line is already low pressure .

I wonder if the low pressure is only on some models? When I bought my Jayflight 32RLDS, I was given a BBQ to run off the gas line under my rear bumper. The first couple attempts, even on low, the temp was reading 700° (although Im sure it wasn't that high). I finally turned the gas valve regulator to half way on both the trailer gas line and the bbq gas connector and I finally was able to keep my degrees low enough to not make hamburger hockey pucks

2013 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab TCD
2014 Jayco JayFlight 32RLDS
BroncoUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:49 PM   #6

DD you can run your "Q" and the camp stove off of the propane line, the only thing is the "Q" will not get as hot as it would if you took off the regulator. It will also take a little longer to heat up. I think the prebuilt tee that camping world sells is the one that threads into a propane tank and has 2 places to screw hoses into to.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:14 PM   #7

Just this past weekend I bought the parts to do the same thing. I got a brass T and the pieces to make it up. I got the quick connect fitting off of amazon. Just need to bring the rig home to hook it all up.
Jace817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrueckh View Post
I want to add a tee to the outside BBQ propane connection so I can run both my Weber Q and camp stove at the same time. My plan is to build my own tee with brass fittings and Camco quick connect valves. Before I do this, does anyone know of a pre built tee that can be used? I have looked quite a bit but have not been able to find anything. Thanks.

You need to check these guys out:http://www.tejassmokers.com/products...ttings.htm#pol

They have just the exact fitting you need.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbailey View Post
You need to check these guys out:Brass Fittings, Valves, Brass Nipples, Disposable Cylinder Adapter, Gas Orifice, Gas Manifold Parts

They have just the exact fitting you need.
They do seem to have lots of cool stuff. Can you provide a link to the exact part requested?

As a reminder, the request is to provide a tee into the existing quick connect fitting (not the propane tank itself) that will service two different low pressure appliances. So we need an adapter than provides a male quick connect into the existing female quick connect, that then provides two female quick connects so that two appliances can be connected at the same time.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Stubbs View Post
They do seem to have lots of cool stuff. Can you provide a link to the exact part requested?

As a reminder, the request is to provide a tee into the existing quick connect fitting (not the propane tank itself) that will service two different low pressure appliances. So we need an adapter than provides a male quick connect into the existing female quick connect, that then provides two female quick connects so that two appliances can be connected at the same time.

I can't provide a direct link, because they will probably offer to build it for you. Call them in the morning. Ask for a gentleman name Cheyenne. He went out of his way to help me determine a tee off the bottle and into a custom high pressure fitting for me.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:11 PM   #11

Did you end up getting it? I'm interested in the same thing...
BigT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:40 PM   #12

Is this what you are looking for?
Propane Quick Connect Y Adapter RV Fitting | eBay
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 09:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobber Monkey View Post
ddrueckh, I believe the factory installed BBQ line is already low pressure and therefore you would need an adapter for your Weber which doesn't have a regulator. The Jaco factory BBQ does not have a regulator on it. My father-in-law is planning to run his Coleman Roadtrip and is trying to figure out how to buy/make an adapter without the built in regulator. Let us know what you come up with.
Slobber Monkey. This may help you with your father-in-law's Coleman Road Trip Grill. See this video. It is easy to do, I've done it and it works great!
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:16 AM   #14

@BigT - No, I have not moved forward with anything yet.

@ninjahbob - that looks like it would do the job nicely, though the price is a bit more than I had expected. Thanks for the link.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:47 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrueckh View Post
Any grill, including the Q, that uses the small tanks is operating on "high" pressure LP. The installed gas appliances in your camper all operate off low pressure gas which is produced by the regulator right at the tank connection points. Tapping into the low pressure line will not work for your Q unless you remove the existing control valve that has a built in regulator in it. Connecting directly might get you a flame, but it will be like the grill is always on low heat.