Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintinfool3 View Post
Mine always seat top first then the bottom pulls in tight on 2015 338rets
X2, this is the way my large slide works on my Hybrid and when the bottom pulls in tight it sits off the floor about 2". It bows in the center so I place a block of wood under it at the dinette end when traveling and when it's home and not in use. When the slide is in and you look at the dinette end that's against the wall you see that it pulls away about 2" from the wall because the front is bowed down and that's why I use this block of wood when not in use. The wood is about 12" long.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 12:26 PM   #22

I've owned everything from a manual tip out to my current Jayco.
Never had a problem with the Jayco but see some has. To me the best system is on the several Raptors and Fusions I've owned. Pure Hydraulic. Worst was Holiday Rambler diesel pusher, 2008 year, used some type cable and pulley system. It was a POS. Broke several times. I just wish Jayco would go to hydraulic. Couple hundred extra dollars would make it much better.
Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:23 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texashighsheriff View Post
I just wish Jayco would go to hydraulic. Couple hundred extra dollars would make it much better.
We are on our 5th(Starcraft/Jayco) unit with elec slides and have never had a problem. We have been at the factory several times and when asked they've said that their engineers feel that elec is better than hydraulic, really don't think it is a price point issue.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:01 PM   #24

ours have worked fine so far with electric slides .... the bedroom slide is a single ram and if the camper isn't level it acts weird coming in but it still pulls all the way in
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 04:33 PM   #25

Take it back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspontiac View Post
Hi all

As some of you know, we just picked up our new 2015 Jayco Jayflight 33RLDS last week. The day we picked it up, the temps had dipped into the upper 20's.

When we did the walk through at the dealer, we noticed no issues with the bedroom slide not moving in. The walk-through was in the heated shop.

We came home, and even though we know the sides really should not be moved in/out in low temps, we couldn't resist opening it for the night just to explore it and spend some time inside.

The next afternoon, the temp was just above 30 degrees (plus wind, ugh) and we moved the bedroom slide in. There was a good sized gap at the top even through it was in as far as it would go. My husband shoved it as far in as he could and we were able to place the brace bar inside at the top, but the slide is still protruding out about an inch at the top.

My question is, is this because of the cold, or is it defective? I'm going to wait until it gets a little warmer next week (supposed to be in the 40's) and try opening/closing it again to see if it closes the gap, but I was wondering if the cold made the seals stiff and didn't allow the slide to move as it normally should?

Signed, wondering if I need to make an appt. at the dealer...
Call the dealer Take it back ...
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote