Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-21-2018, 04:08 PM   #1

Bedroom TV size

Hello all,

Anyone know what size TV you can hang in the bedroom on the spot where it says to mount tv here?

Any recommendations on a TV bracket? Don't think I need it to swivel?

Thanks,

Tim
Timbit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 04:37 PM   #2

I found a 26” Jenson on clearance at CW. We put it in our BR on the wall where the TV here sticker was.
I used this bracketClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0219.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	38944
Happyjoy Fixed Ultra Slim Monitor TV Wall Mount Bracket for 15-26 inch Widescreen 1080p 3D HD LED 4K TV LG Samsung Seiki Philips Panasonic Blaupunkt ect, Max VESA 100x100 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CNAVT0E..._pX72AbZWRG17D
BroRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:11 PM   #3

I used a mount very similar to above. Any of them will work fine. Be careful using the sticker as an indicator of where you are drilling. Be sure to use a stud finder and quite possibly a very small drill bit to confirm your supports. We have a 24" led smart tv and are quite pleased with it. All of these slim line led tvs would be fine as long as you don't go too large. I see no need to go over 27" and wouldn't go smaller than a 21".
bigt8600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:08 PM   #4

What size screws did you use to mount the bracket to the wall? No information on how thick the walls are where the sticker is.

Thanks,
Tim
Timbit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:19 PM   #5

I put a 32" Vizio in mine because I had it, and honestly its the biggest I would go...its possibly a tad too big.

I ordered two mounts to decide because in my 324BHTS you walk past the TV to get to one side of the bed, so I didn't want it sticking out.

I went with this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It puts the TV nice and close to the wall, but the base is a bit bigger than really needed, but also allowed me to put 3 3/4" lag screws, I think 5/16" to hold it, and its solid as a rock.

I do find the quick release to be handy, but right now, the TV can slide left to right in transit, so I pop it off and set it on the bed. You would need to put two small screws in the track where you want it to keep it from sliding, unlike the smaller compact mount you showed, but it stuck out from the wall more than I wanted.

I did do as other mentioned and used a stud finder to find the plywood plate first.
The old- 2001 Jayco Qwest
The new- 2018 Jayco Eagle 324BHTS
2018 F-150 Ecoboost
vwprostock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:24 PM   #6

I just used the two lag screws that came with my mount. I pre drilled the two holes and used my impact drill to tighten the lag screws. It’s solid.
bigt8600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:06 PM   #7

Amazon won't link to the one I bought anymore. I bought one that has a quick disconnect on it so I can remove the TV easily before travel.
Tim15856 is offline   Reply With Quote