Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-16-2020, 09:38 PM   #21

We have the Whitehawk 23MRB and have really enjoyed it. No major issues and the Murphy bed folds away to make a ton of room in a small format trailer. We tow with a diesel grand Cherokee so we had to stay small and light. The stability axle arrangement helps a lot. Love the outside kitchen. Would like more counter space but it works for the 2 of us.
Centerline WDH
Hazman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:01 AM   #22

I have a jay feather 23RL. it's a 2018 model and obviously by the model number, it's a 23 footer. has a bump out for the dining area and for the wife and I, I LOVE it. It's perfect. the ONLY complaint I have about it is that the foot of the bed is right up against the bathroom wall so no walk around room. if you need to get to the other side of the bed you either climb over the bed or go through the bathroom and approach the bed from the second bathroom door at the foot of the bed. I don't think they made these though any other year. I think in 2019 however I think they made a 24RL that may have added that extra space at the foot of the bed though but not 100% sure
Kristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 05:18 AM   #23

Jay Feather 18RBM

We have a 2020 Jayco Jay Feather 18RBM. Hard to find. Length: 23 feet, 8 inches; Gross weight: 5100 pounds; Hitch weight: 450 pounds; Sleeps 3
rural carrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:51 PM   #24

Love our 24FBS

We have had our 2015 24FBS for about 3 months and love it. The slide makes it roomy inside. The rear bath is roomy for a TT. About 28' stem to stern. Tows well behind a 2018 Tundra a weight distribution hitch and sway control. 5200 lb dry.
Chalkboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 08:29 AM   #25

212 QBW Rocky Mountain, Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
For the two of us, the 212 QBW is perfect. Just under 26 feet total. No slide, which helps in tight campsites and with weight. It’s about 4,200 dry weight, so the F150 should handle it no problem. We looked at shorter, but this was the “sweet spot” for us. The Baja or Rocky Mountain versions might be a perfect fit for your boondocking.
We just purchased our 2021 Jayco 212 QBW Rocky Mountain, Baja edition TT and couldn't be happier. It's our first and we have been looking for 18 mos. We were going to wait until next spring but when we saw this at Big Sky RV we just knew it had everything we were looking for in an off the grid capable TT, and the price was right.

80 gal fresh water tank, pre- installed 190 watts of solar, wrapped and vent-heated tanks, 16" Goodyear tires, extra ground clearance, heat reflecting panels in the walls, powerful a/c and heating, and about 4500 lbs dry. We tow it easily with a Ram 1500 rated to tow 10,400 lbs. Never had to use the cabin brake controller towing it 2,000 miles from Montana to NJ. No swaying at all whether passed head-on on a 2- lane road or same direction by 18 wheelers. Big bright windows in the rear bring the outside in, but they're super reflecting to keep the heat out in the summer.

OK, we're in the honeymoon phase :-) but we just love this TT.

No slide, but we wanted to start modest, and we're not expecting company.
Peterk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 08:40 AM   #26

The 212 is the same floor plan as my Starcraft 21FB, made by Jayco also.

I sold a larger trailer as I wanted to get rid of the slide and other issues.

I am so happy with my decision.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:35 AM   #27

To the OP: Whaddya say, c’mon and join the 212 Club! You’ll love it!
Attached Thumbnails
49F496B7-3303-4A15-BBD3-3681260926BB.jpg  
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 04:15 PM   #28

Like many others, we're really enjoying our 212. Plenty of room for the two of us, easy to tow, and fits in most campsites.
2013 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3
Husky Centerline TS

ChiToones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 05:16 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiToones View Post
Like many others, we're really enjoying our 212. Plenty of room for the two of us, easy to tow, and fits in most campsites.
Why did you say that? Our 195 is wonderful but the 212 has some things I would really love and two things missing that I won't love.

I will miss the counter space. I will miss the wardrobe.
OTOH we don't hang much other than raincoats which we could hang in the shower and the double sink in the 212 is not plastic
Three burners vs two.
A refrigerator that does not require a floor crawl.
A sofa that I have tried out and love. No need to find toothpaste in the kitchen sink.
Windows in the right spot. No need to have the butt dance when passing the other occupant of the TT.

and the real downer a need for a bigger TV that won't fit in the garage which is crucial for snowplowing our driveway. ( we get about 20 plowings a year)

We have the divided household. I love the 195 sort of but the love relationship may be souring after five years and some 300 camping nights and how many thousands of miles?

We are committed to the slidless and bathroom accessible on the road troop. Some Western States are lacking in roadside potty facilities.

Have to watch my hubby. The next 212 that lands locally he will be on in a heartbeat. He says our next trip starting in Jan will be in one. And a new TV.
Meanwhile I worry about the bankbook.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 06:16 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
Why did you say that? Our 195 is wonderful but the 212 has some things I would really love and two things missing that I won't love.

I will miss the counter space. I will miss the wardrobe.
OTOH we don't hang much other than raincoats which we could hang in the shower and the double sink in the 212 is not plastic
Three burners vs two.
A refrigerator that does not require a floor crawl.
A sofa that I have tried out and love. No need to find toothpaste in the kitchen sink.
Windows in the right spot. No need to have the butt dance when passing the other occupant of the TT.

and the real downer a need for a bigger TV that won't fit in the garage which is crucial for snowplowing our driveway. ( we get about 20 plowings a year)

We have the divided household. I love the 195 sort of but the love relationship may be souring after five years and some 300 camping nights and how many thousands of miles?

We are committed to the slidless and bathroom accessible on the road troop. Some Western States are lacking in roadside potty facilities.

Have to watch my hubby. The next 212 that lands locally he will be on in a heartbeat. He says our next trip starting in Jan will be in one. And a new TV.
Meanwhile I worry about the bankbook.
Kim, just to give DH more ammunition, you can gain counter space with a flip-up shelf and sink cover like we did. And a telescoping rod across the tub gives you tons of “wardrobe “ space. Sorry
Attached Thumbnails
04B40170-70E6-4ABA-9CD4-4C4B6B221375.jpg  
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 06:44 PM   #31

I put a flip up shelf on both ends of my sink cabinet.

I also removed my dinette and put in a nice recliner instead.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:32 PM   #32

We owned an X23B for a couple of years before buying the 5th (a big jump). We love the 5th for its roominess but still talk fondly about the 23B. One of the considerations was visiting bear country with the “tent bunks”. We loved the bunks and camped a few times where the temps dipped into the upper 20s with no discomfort. Comfortable bed space for 4 adults and 1 or 2 young-uns was a great feature. It was a bit crowded during the day tho. With just the two of us we had plenty of room except for the shower which was small. Loaded it tipped the scale around 4500# with 600# on the hitch but I think the newer ones may be a bit heavier. My biggest con is I found the sofa and dinette seating not very comfortable. But as I said we still talk fondly about it, a great little TT.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 07:49 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
Kim, just to give DH more ammunition, you can gain counter space with a flip-up shelf and sink cover like we did. And a telescoping rod across the tub gives you tons of “wardrobe “ space. Sorry

I also covered the kitchen stove and that adds more counter space too [emoji41].

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote