Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-28-2020, 12:54 PM   #1

Best sealants to use

Hello all. It's that time of year once again where we all climb up on the roof and try to do some preventative maintenance. Just a quick question to everyone. I have used the Quad Max from LePage in the past and I am pleased with it. I have not used it anywhere near the roof material though (Dicor DiflexII). Has anyone used it and does it adhere well to the roof. I was thinking of using Quad to seal the roof edge front to back. Thanks in advance for all your input.

2016 Jay Flight 26BH
Solar and all the Furrion crap replaced with good stuff.
2014 F150 screw 5.0
Equalizer 4 point hitch
Loving life in Ontario, Canada.
Peter Soares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:28 AM   #2

I used Dicor in the past without any issues. A couple of years back I was turned on to Alpha products and I've used their stuff more than once and have no complaints. The last time I purchased some, it was less expensive than Dicor and I noticed not too long ago that Lippert bought the company so they must have a lot of promise. I've no experience at all with the Quad you use, so a fair comparison isn't in my experience. I would think they all are very close in performance.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:22 PM   #3

I use Dicor self leveling sealant on the roof: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use Geocel on the side walls around doors, windows or seams: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 10-29-2020, 09:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottenj View Post
I use Dicor self leveling sealant on the roof: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use Geocel on the side walls around doors, windows or seams: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Exactly what I do. So far, so good.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 12:55 AM   #5

I use Dicor self leveling on the roof and Quad on any of the joints like where the front cap meets the trailer body.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote