Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2022, 11:09 AM   #21

Surprised no one mentioned the TPMS that comes with some Jaycee models
billcf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 12:10 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcf7 View Post
The problem as I understand it with those is... the app has to be open and running for a notification to pop up....not as good as one of the other dedicated monitors in my opinion. That is why I kept my EEZ tire sensors and repeater and installed them on my Pinnacle.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 12:51 PM   #23

Had ourTireMinder A1A's for 6 years now. Very Happy with them. had issues with the booster after 5 years and TireMinder replaced it free of charge.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 01:53 PM   #24

[QUOTE=Learjet;1067652]The problem as I understand it with those is... the app has to be open and running for a notification to pop up....not as good as one of the other dedicated monitors in my opinion. /QUOTE]

In my case, my phone is open and running anyway, as most are, nice to make calls and texts, right? And plugged into a USB port for power and charging. The phone is always on, as is the jaycommand app. My last Tireminder required the app to be open also. So, whats the difference?

2022 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Yooper906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 02:01 PM   #25

[QUOTE=Yooper906;1067674]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
The problem as I understand it with those is... the app has to be open and running for a notification to pop up....not as good as one of the other dedicated monitors in my opinion. /QUOTE]

In my case, my phone is open and running anyway, as most are, nice to make calls and texts, right? And plugged into a USB port for power and charging. The phone is always on, as is the jaycommand app. My last Tireminder required the app to be open also. So, whats the difference?
I have a dedicated display with the EzzTire monitor, that is in my driving scan and it also gives an audible alarm....also it never drops the sensor connection.

You may want to test your system in your normal operating mode and see how it works. Let some air out a tire by unscrew the sensor a little and see what notifications you get.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 05:14 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
Testing your TPMS. I bet almost none of you have tested your TPMS. This should be done at least once a year. Some nice afternoon when you have nice weather with your traveling companion in the driver seat. AND when you have access to air of high enough pressure to top-off your tires. Go to each tire and slowly unscrew the external sensor and have the person in the driver seat let you know that they can see and hear the warning for each tire position. You don't even have to completely remove the sensor. Just unscrew enough to hear air leaking out. As soon as the monitor in the cab sounds you can screw the sensor back in to stop the air leak. Once you know that every sensor works you then need to go around and add back in the 5 psi or so that leaked out.
Doing this will also confirm you have your low pressure warning level set properly as the warning should go off as soon as you lose about 5 psi. I cover how I suggest you set your warning levels in my RVTireSafety blog

When shopping for TPMS be sure to look for Lifetime Warrantee.
Old 08-16-2022, 05:09 PM   #27

Do any Ford truck owners use the Ford factory tpms system?
3belkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 05:14 PM   #28
Site Team

I do use te one on our F150, but it's a 2016, and is just for the truck.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 05:22 PM   #29

Thanks, I think they do sell a kit for a trailer, but with all factory parts, its pretty spendy and looks like a lot of work to install...
3belkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 06:43 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcf7 View Post

Okay, here's a mention, my BMPRO units are pretty much worthless! Rear ones all ways loose connection even after a supposed node / booster fix. I have a GM OEM set in my glove box that are going in the 5er next tire change.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 05:22 AM   #31

I bought the TireMinder i10 RV TPMS. Not installed yet, but will be soon.
chrismoore701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 04:24 AM   #32

TPS monitor

I just purchased a 2022 Silverado with enhanced trailering and added the factory trailer TPS sensors. Works perfectly. Takes a little time for the sensors to adjust them selves to correct readings. Not inexpensive, but they work great every time.
RRRRRRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 03:43 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3belkhunter View Post
Thanks, I think they do sell a kit for a trailer, but with all factory parts, its pretty spendy and looks like a lot of work to install...
Not a Ford, but have a 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe, and add the TPMS to my 2012 Jayco 198 RD. It is a four tire rig, and bought the 4 TPMS sensors on EBAY for $70 (the factory ones were $189 for two). I had Discount tire add the sensors to my tires, and since the tires were almost new, they added the road hazard warranty to all four. They did not charge me at all for the TPMS installation, as long as I brought the tires to them.

I got the tires home, plugged in my Tahoe, which has the MAX Trailering package, followed the instructions, and all four trailer tires are now monitored by my in vehicle monitoring system.

For the Ford, I would seriously look at the aftermarket models, look at the reviews. Edit: Looks like for the Ford, you have to add a whole kit to the trailer to do this, at more that $600. Ouch. The Chevrolet system works with just the TPMS sensors as long as the tires are within 25 feet of the vehicle itself.
Old 09-17-2022, 03:46 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRRRRRJ View Post
I just purchased a 2022 Silverado with enhanced trailering and added the factory trailer TPS sensors. Works perfectly. Takes a little time for the sensors to adjust them selves to correct readings. Not inexpensive, but they work great every time.
Like my other post in this thread, the ebay TPMS version works great, and it was less than $70 for the 4 sensors. Most tire shops will charge you about $10 a tire to install. Discount Tire did not charge me at all.