Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-09-2021, 11:06 AM   #1

Beware!! Jayco will void your warranty if......

Yes, Jayco will void our warranty if we were to add the Jay-Port Blackstone Grill mount accessory!!

Here's what happened.

So, I have been working with my local dealer (Campers Inn, Leesburg, FL) over the last two weeks on purchasing the Jay-Port Blackstone Grill mount accessory for our 2021 Jayco HT 280BHOK, which was not an option when we purchased the unit. The dealer has gone beyond my expectations to get us these parts, but Jayco has really made things very difficult to acquire such accessory. They will not provide part numbers to the dealer, only because our unit did not include the Jayport Blackstone accessory as an installed factory option. After talking to my dealer, they recommended I reached out to Jayco directly and see if Jayco would provide the part number/s for the grill mount. Well, I can tell you as I was expecting, the parts representative who assisted me over the phone was VERY RUDE, which is something I have experienced several times with Jayco. They really lack customer service, and that is a SHAME!

In conclusion, I find it hard to believe we are unable to add an accessory to our unit and if we did, it would void the warranty.

SHAME on Jayco for the lack of customer service and not going the extra mile for the customer.

With the experience I've had in my first 12 months of Jayco ownership, I will never purchase a Jayco product again.
gdumas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 01:12 PM   #2

I have a jayport but have no interest to putting my blackstone grill where it's located. I put it onto a movable table closer to the picnic table and use a long hose to attach it's propane to the quick-connect. All for under $400. The Jayport price was about twice that.
Nevertheless, your post is about how Jayco doesn't encourage users/dealers to DIY a Jayport. I get that. I can envision why they have concern, the Jayport is welded into the frame. It's like another trailer-hitch coming off the side of the camper. Jayco likely had some structural designers deciding how/where this thing would go. The frame's integrity is important. Personally, I believe it's a 'cool' selling feature with little benefits to warrant the extra cost.
Don't worry about it... relax, you'll be okay with your blackstone on a movable table stand... for me, it's better for that (and much cheaper). Here is what I got... Blackstone Adventure Ready from Walmart for about $370 (with stand/adapter hose/lid cover)

PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 01:22 PM   #3

Thank you, Stan for your input. I will definitely be looking at other options similar to what you have.
Old 12-09-2021, 02:17 PM   #4

To get the part number you need, just find a camper on the showroom floor that has the Jay-Port. Grab the vin number off the camper and use that to get the required accessories.

Adding this Jay-Port does not void the entire warranty. Jayco does have the right to void the warranty on something that the Jay-Port directly contacts. For example, if you do not have the accessory gas line to that location. Your dealer adds it, lets say they splice into an existing gas line. months later you find out there is a gas leak at the Tee. Jayco has the right to refuse warranty repair on the gas line repair. But if your auto leveling system fails, they cannot refuse the warranty work because you added the Jay-Port.

I am looking at a new 5ver, that has it. Personally, I would not use the Jay-Port. I never cook next to the TT, and have not future plans to. I always set up my blackstone/grill/portable stove on the end of the campground picnic table, using my small 11lbs tank. It is very convenient, and I have lots of space for my cooking gear.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 02:34 PM   #5

Wait until after Christmas. Walmart normally sells the 22" Adventure Ready Stove & Stand (w/Lid & Hose) for $194.00. I picked up a second one in early November for $174, but they were raising the price as I was buying.

015 Ford F250 Lariat SD
2015 Jayco WhiteHawk 27DSRL (Sold)
2017 KZ Durango D281RLT.
RSerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 05:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
To get the part number you need, just find a camper on the showroom floor that has the Jay-Port. Grab the vin number off the camper and use that to get the required accessories.

Adding this Jay-Port does not void the entire warranty. Jayco does have the right to void the warranty on something that the Jay-Port directly contacts. For example, if you do not have the accessory gas line to that location. Your dealer adds it, lets say they splice into an existing gas line. months later you find out there is a gas leak at the Tee. Jayco has the right to refuse warranty repair on the gas line repair. But if your auto leveling system fails, they cannot refuse the warranty work because you added the Jay-Port.

I am looking at a new 5ver, that has it. Personally, I would not use the Jay-Port. I never cook next to the TT, and have not future plans to. I always set up my blackstone/grill/portable stove on the end of the campground picnic table, using my small 11lbs tank. It is very convenient, and I have lots of space for my cooking gear.
Jagiven,

The dealer did attempt using one of the Vin #s from one of the units on their lot, that's when Jayco came back and said they would void my warranty if it was not an original installed factory option.

I have decided to forget about the JayPort and move on to something different, like what Stan recommended.

Thanks for the feedback, very helpful.
Old 12-09-2021, 06:01 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdumas01 View Post
Jagiven,

The dealer did attempt using one of the Vin #s from one of the units on their lot, that's when Jayco came back and said they would void my warranty if it was not an original installed factory option.

I have decided to forget about the JayPort and move on to something different, like what Stan recommended.

Thanks for the feedback, very helpful.
I would not want one either. Usually in many rv parks with pull thrus, that grill would be very close to a road. I would rather have it nearer my table. Our rig came with a different grill (which was worthless) and It was mounted on a bracket near the back of the rig. I only used it once as it was in the wrong spot for my convenience.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 06:56 PM   #8

Just want to add a bit of caution to your statements about Jayco and its warranty. Customer Service personnel are representatives of the company trying to answer questions. Sometimes they are good (that has been my experience) and sometimes not so good. One Customer Service Rep and her Manager denied a warranty claim on made. A hole appeared in the roof and they refused to fix it based upon the fact that I had put Dicor around my ladder connections 11' from the hole. I got my dealer involved, we treated everyone with the respect they deserved, and management recognized I had a valid claim. I have found over the years that it you have a disagreement with Customer Service just continue to politely ask for the next highest manager until you get to the decision maker. Better to spread honey than vinegar no matter how tempting it may be.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 04:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I would not want one either. Usually in many rv parks with pull thrus, that grill would be very close to a road. I would rather have it nearer my table. (snip)
Good point Norty1.
2014 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost
skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 09:04 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan&Sharon View Post
I have a jayport but have no interest to putting my blackstone grill where it's located. I put it onto a movable table closer to the picnic table and use a long hose to attach it's propane to the quick-connect. All for under $400. The Jayport price was about twice that.
Nevertheless, your post is about how Jayco doesn't encourage users/dealers to DIY a Jayport. I get that. I can envision why they have concern, the Jayport is welded into the frame. It's like another trailer-hitch coming off the side of the camper. Jayco likely had some structural designers deciding how/where this thing would go. The frame's integrity is important. Personally, I believe it's a 'cool' selling feature with little benefits to warrant the extra cost.
Don't worry about it... relax, you'll be okay with your blackstone on a movable table stand... for me, it's better for that (and much cheaper). Here is what I got... Blackstone Adventure Ready from Walmart for about $370 (with stand/adapter hose/lid cover)

This is a far superior option to the integrated Blackstone since it can be used anywhere and isn't dependent on having the camper nearby.
gatorblue92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 12:16 PM   #11
Site Team

I have that exact stand for my Blackstone. It will fit both the 17" and 22" models.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 07:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingjw View Post
Better to spread honey than vinegar no matter how tempting it may be.
I wholeheartedly agree with Travelingjw ! When dealing with Customer Service reps who are rude and uncooperative, it is difficult to not react with indignation at being treated poorly. But take the high road and don't take it personal when situations like this occur. At the end of the day, you'll be glad you didn't burn down necessary bridges.
Old 12-21-2021, 10:09 PM   #13

We don't have BlackStone, but received an email saying it should be before the end of January, and that we were in the que.

I understand what you are all saying about the Blackstone close to the unit. We have a Camp Chef camp stove that has a griddle and grill box, and I have all of the fittings to hook it up to one of our bottles with a 25' hose, so I can get plenty far away from the unit, which I typically do. But I don't know that we will take it with us anymore, if we have a BlackStone. The Camp Chef is big and heavy, and just generally takes a while to set up and tear down.

My question is this: Why not extend the hose on the BlackStone / Jayport to like 25', so that you can still use the Jayport, and get it away from the unit? I haven't seen all of the fittings / connections yet, so I may not totally understand how it all works, but that seems like the way to go to me. Then, it has a nice storage place, but you can still it remotely, if that's what you want to do.
cadman_ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 04:08 PM   #14

This is so easily done, here is a link, $30
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KZNKKBV...ing=UTF8&psc=1

I have one of these along with a splitter that I use off the same port and another hose that goes to the other side of the trailer to use for my generator when I use it. That way everything I have for the trailer runs off propane. Works GREAT! I didnt have to add any lines thus not voiding any warranty etc..
Old 12-22-2021, 05:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC_AZ View Post
This is so easily done, here is a link, $30
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KZNKKBV...ing=UTF8&psc=1

I have one of these along with a splitter that I use off the same port and another hose that goes to the other side of the trailer to use for my generator when I use it. That way everything I have for the trailer runs off propane. Works GREAT! I didnt have to add any lines thus not voiding any warranty etc..
Thanks for the link! In the save for later bin In Amazon!!

I figured such a thing existed, I just wasn't for sure what all of the parts looked like or were called since I don't have a Blackstone yet. This seems like a super convenient solution to me!!
Old 12-24-2021, 01:12 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman_ks View Post
My question is this: Why not extend the hose on the BlackStone / Jayport to like 25', so that you can still use the Jayport, and get it away from the unit? I haven't seen all of the fittings / connections yet, so I may not totally understand how it all works, but that seems like the way to go to me. Then, it has a nice storage place, but you can still it remotely, if that's what you want to do.

The Jayport has nothing to do with the propane hose. It's actually a receiver mounted to the frame that receives whatever accessory is being attached.

https://www.jayco.com/blog/jayport/

That said, I can understand why Jayco would void the warranty if another party welded to the frame.
Attached Thumbnails
Jayport1.jpg   Jayport2.jpg   Jayport3.jpg  
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 02:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB13502 View Post
The Jayport has nothing to do with the propane hose. It's actually a receiver mounted to the frame that receives whatever accessory is being attached.

https://www.jayco.com/blog/jayport/

Ahhh... Thanks for the clarification and the link. I was indeed using the wrong term...
Old 12-25-2021, 05:22 PM   #18

I use the lp quick connect under my Jayport all the time, since it is at the front of the TT.
I use a portable table for my grill so I can put it at a safe distance from the TT.
I have not used the standard lp quick connect at the rear of the TT.
Old 11-27-2023, 01:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Yes, Jayco will void our warranty if we were to add the Jay-Port Blackstone Grill mount accessory!!

Here's what happened.

So, I have been working with my local dealer (Campers Inn, Leesburg, FL) over the last two weeks on purchasing the Jay-Port Blackstone Grill mount accessory for our 2021 Jayco HT 280BHOK, which was not an option when we purchased the unit. The dealer has gone beyond my expectations to get us these parts, but Jayco has really made things very difficult to acquire such accessory. They will not provide part numbers to the dealer, only because our unit did not include the Jayport Blackstone accessory as an installed factory option. After talking to my dealer, they recommended I reached out to Jayco directly and see if Jayco would provide the part number/s for the grill mount. Well, I can tell you as I was expecting, the parts representative who assisted me over the phone was VERY RUDE, which is something I have experienced several times with Jayco. They really lack customer service, and that is a SHAME!

In conclusion, I find it hard to believe we are unable to add an accessory to our unit and if we did, it would void the warranty.

SHAME on Jayco for the lack of customer service and not going the extra mile for the customer.

With the experience I've had in my first 12 months of Jayco ownership, I will never purchase a Jayco product again.
I bought my 2022 rb just this past September. I noticed I do have a JayPort and it is next to the bedroom door. I noticed on the 2021 model the JayPort was next to the main door and the 2020's didn't have it all, instead they has a grill type cooker in a drawer of the 'camp kitchen.'
To me NONE of these locations was a smart choice and every video I see year after year people are asking/saying "MOVE IT TOWARD THE REAR OF THE CAMPER!"

Well, guess what? For 2024 I see they've moved the Jayport location and guess where it is? Yup, the 'JayPort' is on the back bumper and the kicker is..it's not welded there! It is nothing more than this (see last photo) so the port is facing to the curb side of the camper where you place the JayPort extension arm. I can't see THIS voiding your warranty. It's literally 4 bolts attached to your rear bumper.

I'll be buying one of these and an LP extension hose for the coming camping season and cooking where it seems most logical.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 2.47.28 PM.jpg   Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 2.47.58 PM.jpg   Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 2.48.12 PM.png   Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 2.48.41 PM.jpg  
2023 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2.7L EcoBoost, 4x4, 3.73 axle, #1900 payload #10,100 tow capacity.
JKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 02:27 PM   #20

Quote:

Here's what happened.

I bought my 2022 rb just this past September. I noticed I do have a JayPort and it is next to the bedroom door. I noticed on the 2021 model the JayPort was next to the main door and the 2020's didn't have it all, instead they has a grill type cooker in a drawer of the 'camp kitchen.'
To me NONE of these locations was a smart choice and every video I see year after year people are asking/saying "MOVE IT TOWARD THE REAR OF THE CAMPER!"

Well, guess what? For 2024 I see they've moved the Jayport location and guess where it is? Yup, the hitch is on the back bumper and the kicker is..it's not welded there! It is nothing more than this (see photo) turned so the port is facing to the cube side of the camper. I can't see THIS voiding your warranty. It's literally 4 bolts, attached to your rear bumper. Only thing one will have to do is to buy an quick connect extension for your LP hose.

I'll be buying one of these for the coming camping season and looking near the camp kitchen where it should have been from the start.
2023 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2.7L EcoBoost, 4x4, 3.73 axle, #1900 payload #10,100 tow capacity.
JKyle is offline   Reply With Quote