Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-05-2019, 10:04 AM   #1

Black and grey tank

Question
We have a jay flight 32bhds and it has 2 sewer drains. One for black tank and one for grey. We use a lot of grey water inside and when we go to drain grey tank nothing comes out. But the black water tank has lots and drains.
Do the 2 go into the same tank?
Inside on panel it has black, and 2 diff grey buttons.
tricia4062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:37 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum.

What year is your trailer? The online specs for a 'jay flight 32bhds' shows 2 grey water tanks - one for the outside kitchen.

NO, the two do not go into the same tank so you should have another grey water dump valve underneath somewhere.

Hopefully someone with a trailer the same year and model as yours will be able to provide more details.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:41 AM   #3

The trailer is a 2019.
tricia4062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 01:28 PM   #4

2019 32BHDS owner here. I think you might be overlooking the grey tank valve handle in front of the rear wheels.

The main grey tank valve is in front of the rear wheels, and drains into the same outlet the black tank does just behind the rear wheels.

There is a small grey tank for the outside kitchen at the very rear of the unit, with it's own valve.

So, three valve handles, two outlets - hope that helps!

I usually hook up the sewer connection, open the grey tank valve for 15 seconds or so to "wet" the inside of the hose with the soapy grey water, shut that off, drain the black tank, then release the remaining grey. I feel like it helps keep the hose cleaner, maybe it doesnt matter, but makes me feel better! [emoji3]
LawnFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 10:30 AM   #5

Help. I need pictures. Which lever do I pull to get rid of the grey water? I have a 32bdhs Jayflight with the 3 drainage things. I know the back one goes with the outdoor kitchen. Is the one closest to the trailer hitch grey water or black water? Thanks so much!
knagel is offline   Reply With Quote