Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-06-2016, 08:35 PM   #51

so...the black water cleanout..

Is it just an access into the tank? I was thinking it had a hose of some sort that would wash the sidewalls for you when you hooked up to it and turned on the water.

should I run extra hose into that access port?

Old 04-06-2016, 09:46 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
so...the black water cleanout..

Is it just an access into the tank? I was thinking it had a hose of some sort that would wash the sidewalls for you when you hooked up to it and turned on the water.

should I run extra hose into that access port?
Not really sure what you are referencing here.
I've not seen a "BW Cleanout" on a trailer in the same sense that your stick built house has a cleanout on the sewer line that you can access to insert a sewer rooter or snake.

The Black Tank flush fixture that I've seen on trailers is female hose fixture where you attach a pressurized hose. It pumps water into the BW tank, but inside the tank is a spinning head that squirts high pressure water jets in all directions, with the intent of scrubbing the inside of the BW tank, rinsing toilet paper off the walls and bottom, helping to break up any large lumps or clogs of #2, and sending them down the BW drain through the drain hose (stinky slinky).

Often times, RV dump stations may not have a male fixture on the end of the rinse hose at the BW dump. You may have to bring your own hose (not your FW hose) to screw onto the BW rinse water supply line and then to your trailer's Black tank flush hose fixture.

dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:19 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewey02 View Post
Not really sure what you are referencing here.
I've not seen a "BW Cleanout" on a trailer in the same sense that your stick built house has a cleanout on the sewer line that you can access to insert a sewer rooter or snake.

The Black Tank flush fixture that I've seen on trailers is female hose fixture where you attach a pressurized hose. It pumps water into the BW tank, but inside the tank is a spinning head that squirts high pressure water jets in all directions, with the intent of scrubbing the inside of the BW tank, rinsing toilet paper off the walls and bottom, helping to break up any large lumps or clogs of #2, and sending them down the BW drain through the drain hose (stinky slinky).

Often times, RV dump stations may not have a male fixture on the end of the rinse hose at the BW dump. You may have to bring your own hose (not your FW hose) to screw onto the BW rinse water supply line and then to your trailer's Black tank flush hose fixture.

you described what im talking about...my bad..poor choice of words using black tank cleanout. how bout BlackTank Flush.

so I have a 2015 WhiteHawk with the BT flush. It does have a hose with a spinner head down in the tank that will achieve the washing of the sidewalls, correct?