Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-05-2016, 12:57 PM   #41

When I'm flushing the BT with the dump valve closed, the longest I've waited was about 20 seconds. I have no idea of the fill rate for the BT flush, but I have visions of the black tank erupting from the vent as in the movie 'RV' and I open the dump valve.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:01 PM   #42
Site Team

I wish my hearing was that good. I let it run for a minute but get worried after 30 seconds. LOL
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:14 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
When I'm flushing the BT with the dump valve closed, the longest I've waited was about 20 seconds. I have no idea of the fill rate for the BT flush, but I have visions of the black tank erupting from the vent as in the movie 'RV' and I open the dump valve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I wish my hearing was that good. I let it run for a minute but get worried after 30 seconds. LOL
It really doesn't flow that fast. I start to get a bit antsy after about 4 minutes. I use the timer on my watch set to 5 minutes. I use it every time, no exceptions. That way if I forget, my watch beeps and that means I better get to at least one of two valves ASAP; the water to turn it off or the dump valve to open it. I rarely hear my watch beep.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:44 PM   #44

WalMart sells a tool that has a spinner on the end that you hook to your hose. Works great. Do not use it every time but if my sensor reads in error, I will whip it out.

Cost...........about US$20
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:30 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairenatic View Post
WalMart sells a tool that has a spinner on the end that you hook to your hose. Works great. Do not use it every time but if my sensor reads in error, I will whip it out.

Cost...........about US$20
The P3 P0550 digital water meter ~$11.00 @ Amazon is on my 'want to buy' list. I've got a couple of uses in mind for it including monitoring the gallons through the BT flush.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
Old 04-05-2016, 07:26 PM   #46

I just turn on the flush and go inside the trailer, step on the toilet bowel foot pedal and open the bowel. Then I can just look down thru the bowel to the bottom of the BW tank with a flash light and watch it fill. That way..... That is NO DOUBT what is happening. After it gets about 3/4 full, I go back outside, pull the BW valve and let it empty. Close the valve, go back inside and watch it get 3/4 full again.. Do this 3 times and the tank is clean.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:55 PM   #47

My new flush routine is to dump black, dump grey, close both valves. Turn on black flush. I then go around retracting my stabilizers, put away shoring that was under them. That takes a few min. I cut off black flush and drain black tank. But from reading here, I believe I can black flush a little more B/c I had a mountain of poo the other weekend. So I'll start black flushing longer now.
Swinepartner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:31 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swinepartner View Post
My new flush routine is to dump black, dump grey, close both valves. Turn on black flush. I then go around retracting my stabilizers, put away shoring that was under them. That takes a few min. I cut off black flush and drain black tank. But from reading here, I believe I can black flush a little more B/c I had a mountain of poo the other weekend. So I'll start black flushing longer now.
Just don't get sidetracked....
Old 04-06-2016, 09:37 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Just don't get sidetracked....
+1

That's why I set a timer that beeps on my watch. I take care of other things while I'm waiting for the tank flush to do its thing, and I would hate to forget about it and hear screams from inside the trailer, or have it start raining brown stuff from the roof vent!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:05 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swinepartner View Post
Longer don't clean out the tank. Doing it a few more times is what gets it clean. I refill mine about 1/2 to 3/4 full 3 and sometimes 4 times and the bottom of my tank is clean. How do I know, I can see the bottom of my tank when I step on the toilet bowel pedal and open the bowel so I can see straight down into the tank with a flashlight.

Like OldmanAZ stated. Don't get side tracked or you will regret it!

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:35 PM   #51

so...the black water cleanout..

Is it just an access into the tank? I was thinking it had a hose of some sort that would wash the sidewalls for you when you hooked up to it and turned on the water.

should I run extra hose into that access port?
Old 04-06-2016, 08:46 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
so...the black water cleanout..

Is it just an access into the tank? I was thinking it had a hose of some sort that would wash the sidewalls for you when you hooked up to it and turned on the water.

should I run extra hose into that access port?
Not really sure what you are referencing here.
I've not seen a "BW Cleanout" on a trailer in the same sense that your stick built house has a cleanout on the sewer line that you can access to insert a sewer rooter or snake.

The Black Tank flush fixture that I've seen on trailers is female hose fixture where you attach a pressurized hose. It pumps water into the BW tank, but inside the tank is a spinning head that squirts high pressure water jets in all directions, with the intent of scrubbing the inside of the BW tank, rinsing toilet paper off the walls and bottom, helping to break up any large lumps or clogs of #2, and sending them down the BW drain through the drain hose (stinky slinky).

Often times, RV dump stations may not have a male fixture on the end of the rinse hose at the BW dump. You may have to bring your own hose (not your FW hose) to screw onto the BW rinse water supply line and then to your trailer's Black tank flush hose fixture.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:19 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewey02 View Post
Not really sure what you are referencing here.
I've not seen a "BW Cleanout" on a trailer in the same sense that your stick built house has a cleanout on the sewer line that you can access to insert a sewer rooter or snake.

The Black Tank flush fixture that I've seen on trailers is female hose fixture where you attach a pressurized hose. It pumps water into the BW tank, but inside the tank is a spinning head that squirts high pressure water jets in all directions, with the intent of scrubbing the inside of the BW tank, rinsing toilet paper off the walls and bottom, helping to break up any large lumps or clogs of #2, and sending them down the BW drain through the drain hose (stinky slinky).

Often times, RV dump stations may not have a male fixture on the end of the rinse hose at the BW dump. You may have to bring your own hose (not your FW hose) to screw onto the BW rinse water supply line and then to your trailer's Black tank flush hose fixture.

you described what im talking about...my bad..poor choice of words using black tank cleanout. how bout BlackTank Flush.

so I have a 2015 WhiteHawk with the BT flush. It does have a hose with a spinner head down in the tank that will achieve the washing of the sidewalls, correct?