Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2018, 06:27 PM   #1

Angry Black water tank fell out of trailer

I have a 2018 26 bh. Last night after camping for almost week our black sewer tank was 2/3 full. Out of no where I heard a bang and my tank is laying on the ground and let's just say a bad mess. I pulled the toilet and manged get tank remounted. I have been trying to get dealer to fix the rest of repairs but no one seems to call me back. Anyway has this ever happened to anyone else? Its only a few z brackets holding the tank up...seems a little insufficient!
Stelewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:42 PM   #2

Welcome to the group my neighbor to the north! If you bought your camper from the dealer in Kingston good luck. I would take lots of pictures and contact Jayco directly. There is an auto repair shop just across the bridge from you in Poughkeepsie that has done Jayco warranty work for 2 of my family members. Del Hatt automotive. Very nice shop to deal with.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:43 PM   #3

Egads!

Sounds like a total nightmare.

Good luck to you.

2017 Jay Flight 32BHDS
2006 GMC 2500HD Classic CC SB 4x4 6.6L Duramax/Allison
Vasquez Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:54 PM   #4
Site Team

I have heard of it happening to Jayco and other brands.

Yikes!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:57 PM   #5

Black water tank fell out of trailer

Wow, what a horrible experience. I'd say I would be highly “moderator edit”off but one of the last words you probably want to hear or think in that situation is “moderator edit” .

I'll be under my trailer this weekend looking to see how sturdy the brackets and stuff hold my tank up are very secure. This is one of the reasons I would try to avoid prolonged travel with the tanks full. At 40 gallons that's 300+ pounds of stuff I don't want to have to deal with other than at the dump station.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:26 PM   #6

I contacted jayco first thing this morning they told me to get an estimate from local on-site rv repair companys however if they felt the cost was too much they will not approve. And I will have to pay the cost and wait for reimbursement. I called the dealer we purchased from rv one superstore in Albany not those #&?$# in Kingston...I've dealt with them before and it's nothing but a run around. All these dealers write u off once you buy the trailer! Suppose to leave this location on Friday and head to our next stop 350 miles away what if it falls out while driving....what to do?
Stelewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelewis View Post
I called the dealer we purchased from rv one superstore in Albany not those #&?$# in Kingston...I've dealt with them before and it's nothing but a run around.
Those #&?$# in Kingston wouldn't happen to have the letters C and W in their initials would they? If so I feel your pain. Had a terrible experience there just last month.
Shackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelewis View Post
I contacted jayco first thing this morning they told me to get an estimate from local on-site rv repair companys however if they felt the cost was too much they will not approve. And I will have to pay the cost and wait for reimbursement. I called the dealer we purchased from rv one superstore in Albany not those #&?$# in Kingston...I've dealt with them before and it's nothing but a run around. All these dealers write u off once you buy the trailer! Suppose to leave this location on Friday and head to our next stop 350 miles away what if it falls out while driving....what to do?
Maybe head to the local big box store and pick up some flat steel stock you can use to add temporary extra bracing under the tank? Even some heavy rope to make a sling to keep it from dropping might work. After reading your story, I might look to reinforce my tanks proactively.

We're you able to locate a mobile service tech wherever you are?

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:19 PM   #9

Even ratchet straps might do the trick temporarily.
justlb33 is offline   Reply With Quote