Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2020, 01:19 PM   #1

Blew the grey water connection underneath. Camping.

Well. We really screwed our 26bh up. The toilet apparently had a little toilet paper left in it..enough to hold open the water valve and it was on pumping water for hours. Toilet overflowed water all over and blew whatever it is underneath. When we got back to camp the toilet was bubbling over and on top of that the water was hot. Um. I had left rhe pump and water heater on. Duh. So now we are camping and when we open the grey water release valve it still goes out the hose but also pours out underneath. At least it isn't the black water. I hope this is not too expensive of a fix...lol. luckily it is dried out already as we are in a very dry, warm place. But. Um. Anyone know what we may have blown out so i can google a youtube video to see what the hell we did? Lol. Thank u again. This site has helped us dummies many times already.
oregon jayflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 01:25 PM   #2

Ugh! Probably around $1000.

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 03:40 PM   #3

Pretty sure there is no hot water feeding the toilet. If the water was hot, it makes me think something was heating it. Like maybe the sensor that shows how full it is. Maybe it shorted out and heated the water. Perhaps some other electronics under the bathroom area was shorting and heated the water.

Toilet feeds your black water tank. The water overflowing your toilet was black water. If your grey is leaking, that issue maybe related to what ever heated your water, but it should not be caused by an overflow of your black tank / toilet. Sounds like something cracked or melted a hole in your grey line after the valve, otherwise it would leak all the time.

I might be way off here, but hot water in a black tank doesn't happen from a toilet.

A Smart phone is one that is NOT in your hand while driving!
64osby is offline   Reply With Quote