Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2022, 12:12 PM   #1

Blinking solar charge panel

I recently bought a Jayco White Hawk trailer. There is a monitor in the bedroom that displays the charge of the solar panel. It blinks incessantly and I have not been able to turn it off. I went to the dealership and was told that the blinking means the solar panel is charging and there is no way to turn it off. I find it hard to believe that a blinking monitor in the bedroom can not be turned off. I would be grateful for any information and advice.
Beate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 12:27 PM   #2

Google it

My $1.02
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 07:59 AM   #3

I have a 2022 with factory solar kit. Same issue. I contacted the solar system manufacturer (info in your owners manual package) to see how to turn the system off, nope! There is NO WAY to turn the solar charging off, unless you cover the panel with something, or disconnect the panel or controller connections which are not easy to get to. Even with the trailer battery disconnected, the controller panel in the bedroom will be "on" if there is a light source to the solar panel on the roof. I just got used to it - RUN IT!
1911Garand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 08:09 AM   #4

If it is the blinking you would like to stop, I have found that a black sharpie marking on the LED will significantly reduce the output of a blinking LED which may help. It doesn't block it completely so you can still see if it is on or off, but does reduce it enough where it will not be so bright. ~CA
Old 06-12-2022, 08:13 AM   #5

Cover it with black electrical tape.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 10:38 AM   #6

I just bought a 212 QBW with the solar package and found I have an inverter/charger in with the circuit breaker panel with a fan that change’s speeds and it runs on what seems to be on high speed all night. Who is the boss charging the battery, the solar or the inverter/charger? I am plugged in to shore power. Thanks in advance.
Gary207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 12:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary207 View Post
I just bought a 212 QBW with the solar package and found I have an inverter/charger in with the circuit breaker panel with a fan that change’s speeds and it runs on what seems to be on high speed all night. Who is the boss charging the battery, the solar or the inverter/charger? I am plugged in to shore power. Thanks in advance.
No one is going to be reading your post when you attach it to a thread which has nothing to do with your problem. Best to start your own post.

2022 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Yooper906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 05:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary207 View Post

I believe the shore power is the boss. Watch your battery voltage on the solar controller before and after you plug in to shore power on a sunny day. YMMV.
1911Garand is offline   Reply With Quote