Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2018, 01:49 PM   #1

Blue Front LEDs not working anymore on 2018 17RK Hummingbird

Hi Everyone,

We received our new 2018 17RK Hummingbird last weekend and got a walkthrough at the dealership. All the lights were working, and we remember seeing these blue lights on at the front of the camper. After we took it home, we realized that these blue LED lights were not coming on anymore. Between the time of the walkthrough and the time we drove back home, the dealer had installed a wireless break controller on the camper (an electronic box in series with the 7 way switch). We are far away from the dealer and I was wondering if anyone would have an idea where I could find the electrical schematic for this trailer so I can troubleshoot myself. I don't think these lights have a dedicated switch but I might be wrong...

Thank you in advance

Bruno & Korbie
Brubie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:52 PM   #2
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

My light switch that is located next to the 2 LED's in front went bad. I have been replacing it for the last 4 years.

We never set up camp in the dark, so I guess it will stay that way for awhile. No rush on my part.

Check the connections on the switch to see if it has 12VDC. Only 2 screws hold it in place.

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:54 PM   #3

On our 17RK I noticed the other day that the switch wasn't turning on the blue LED's in the front anymore. I pulled the false wall in the storage area and noticed that one of the wires from the switch had pulled out of their cheap wire splice connector. I re-stripped the wire and used a barrel crimp connector and now everything works right again.....

I found it prior to pulling the false wall by reaching up there with my hand, I could feel the loose wire end at the back of the switch.

**EDIT - just read the last sentence. Our switch is in line with the four LED's on the front panel on the entry door side. Someone else found their switch inside the storage area, but regardless there's definitely a separate switch for the four blue LED's up front.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:38 PM   #4

Yup switch in outside front left (looking back) I forget all the time it is there!
RufusBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:34 PM   #5

Thank you for your help, I found the switch inside the storage area!
Old 05-21-2018, 08:35 PM   #6

Thank you for your response, I found the switch inside the storage area.
Have a great evening

Bruno