Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #1

Body Spa by Oxygenics shower head spray

Has anyone ever tried to install one of these in their trailer? I bought one at camping world a couple of weeks ago and have had nothing but trouble with it. Original unit purchased would not spray without leaking At the faucet connection. I called oxygenic's and they sent me a replacement unit. I could see right away that the hose on the original unit had a different connector on the faucet end then the replacement. This fixed the leak at the faucet, but now the SmartPause button will not shut the water off when trying to save it to soap up. I will be calling them tomorrow to get just that part replaced.
bradsr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #2

Mine works perfectly - no leaks you speak of. Used it today. Mine has a 'dumb' pause ring at the base of the head part just above the hose. Works well.
Ex. 2010 Jayco Jay Feather Ex-Port 17Z
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L Vortec V8 6-speed with Power Pack Plus Package | Hypertech Max Energy tune
wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #3

Body Spa by Oxygenics shower head spray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsr63 View Post
Has anyone ever tried to install one of these in their trailer? I bought one at camping world a couple of weeks ago and have had nothing but trouble with it. Original unit purchased would not spray without leaking At the faucet connection. I called oxygenic's and they sent me a replacement unit. I could see right away that the hose on the original unit had a different connector on the faucet end then the replacement. This fixed the leak at the faucet, but now the SmartPause button will not shut the water off when trying to save it to soap up. I will be calling them tomorrow to get just that part replaced.
We love ours, no leaks, but when we turn ours to off on the handle it doesn't shut completely off. It dribbles some. I've been told its supposed to. But I don't get why??

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #4

I don't think they completely shut off the water. We bought a little shut off from Home Depot for about $7 that goes between the hose and the head and it stops the water completely

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdorant View Post
We love ours, no leaks, but when we turn ours to off on the handle it doesn't shut completely off. It dribbles some. I've been told its supposed to. But I don't get why??
So that you can rinse your hands off or rehydrate the bar of soap as you are soaping up. I like the little stream that continues to flow and would not want a complete shut off.
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L Vortec V8 6-speed with Power Pack Plus Package | Hypertech Max Energy tune
Old 06-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #6

X2, if it's dribbling, it's working as designed. Love ours, it was the first "improvement" we bought for our WhiteHawk.
thomasmnile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:06 AM   #7

We took the pause button off of our when we installed it... At the time we had foster kids who tended to mess with anything like that and end up breaking it. Anyway, we have never installed it because the shower head works so good that we have never run out of hot water and so no pause is needed.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek700 View Post
I don't think they completely shut off the water. We bought a little shut off from Home Depot for about $7 that goes between the hose and the head and it stops the water completely
Bought mine off ebay and added the shut off from Home Depot as well.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #9

Best thing since sliced bread! Had a small leak at the hose end near the shower head but after taking it apart and reassembling a few times it stopped. I don't care for the round shut off at the base of the head however but it does what it's supposed to I guess. Does not shut off completely as others have stated. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another...
Milehi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #10

I removed the unit and put the original one that came with the camper back on. It works better and doesn't drip when pausing. Oxygenics You Tube video and recommendations from others is what influenced me to try it. False advertising in my opinion. I'm taking it back to CW.
bradsr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #11

Go to Oxygenics web site and review FAQ's. The head is designed to allow a small amount of water to bypass the shutoff valve! It is a safety feature and prevents the overheat buildup in water which would otherwise "stand" in the hose! No problem is the head "leaks" past the valve on the head.
001952119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #12

No need. He made up his mind. The BodySpa is going back to the store.