Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2014, 04:52 PM   #21
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1161 View Post
This is the email I got today from the dealer. Also a pic of the damn screw. Hi Brad,

We had Angelo Augustine from Biviano Flooring out today to give us an estimate on repairing your tile.
He will be e-mailing us an estimate that we can forward to Jayco.
He told us that we need to order 9’ of linoleum so we are sure to get the section of lino we need.
Biviano’s repair will not require any trim or molding to be used.

I will be in touch when I know more.

sounds like they are going to glue a patch down
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:00 PM   #22

He orders 9' wide vinyl to give full coverage with no seams. It will look fine!
Old 10-15-2014, 05:53 AM   #23

Just an update. The dealer had a linoleum company come out and give an estimate. Dealer sent estimate to Jayco. Jayco approved est. Linoleum has been ordered. It will be 4 weeks tomorrow that the dealer has had my camper. Linoleum company said there will be 80% chance it will not be a noticeable seam.
Brad1161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:27 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1161 View Post
. Linoleum company said there will be 80% chance it will not be a noticeable seam.
Ask them if they will give you a 100% gurantee that the seam will not seperate in cold weather. My dealer will not do any repair like that since the seam adhesive doesn't like cold weather and will seperate when the vinyl contracts.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:22 AM   #25

That's tough to have damage in a brand new unit. I feel sorry for you but I'm sure they will fix it right.
tawoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:36 AM   #26

When I opened my slides for the first time this spring, I had ripples in the floor. I was freaking out. I went back to look at it a few days later and it was laying flat. Not sure what it was about but I guess I have no glue and maybe that's better as it gets quite cold here in the winter.
2016 CTS 4 2.0T
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:31 PM   #27

My 2013 28BHBE has a tear in the vinyl floor from the slide as well, in the back directly in front of the bunks. The slide ripped it on our first trip. It's on our warranty list, going back to the dealer this fall for warranty work.

Don't know why it's so difficult to put in a screw all the way, instead of letting the screw head hang out.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #28

Slide Damaging Floor

I have a 2015 Seneca. When I took delivery the floor was damaged. The dealer now tells me the slide is designed to set on the floor. They are replacing 7 floor tiles and giving me some kind of carpet that is to be set on the floor prior to closing the slide. Not sure if this works or not because I haven't got it back from service yet. Anyone else using this carpet system?
Exec-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:43 PM   #29

I was very disappointed with the build quality of my 28BHBE when it was delivered, lots of stupid mistakes and oversights. My slide broke the first time I used it after the PDI, but luckily there did not seem to be any floor damage.

I really wonder about all of the online comments about Jayco trailers being perfect and not having any problems. Mine had so many little problems that, at some point, I just started to laugh every time I found a new one. The most recent one I found is when my fresh water pump went bad; the outlet of the pump is connected directly to the rigid PEX piping. This is against the pump installation instructions, there should be flexible tubing used for the inlet and outlet to reduce vibration and noise...this is a $5 expense to do it right and it makes a HUGE difference in quieting the pump.

Anyway, Jayco does take responsibility and my dealer has fixed most issues with no argument, but they are really hurting their brand by not doing things right the first time.
motorbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:25 PM   #30

This happened to me this weekend on my new Whitehawk 28dsbh........the slide out caught the corner of the carpet when I slid it out for first time and ripped it up. Nightmare.I stapled it back down myself ........was too afraid to re-open it last night out of fear that I would blow a head gasket so it will have to wait till next weekend.

I heard a discussion on here before about not going in slide out while it is in.......well I sat on couch and heard a pop.......think maybe that had something to do with it grabbing the corner
Damer419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:34 PM   #31

Motorbreath, I tend to agree. I have had several issues with my 28DSBH and I met some folks who have one and agrees, the finishing craftsmanship is terrible. I am always fixing something - I think mine was built on Friday. I am always replacing screws, fixing cheap fixtures, hinges, etc. It started with a new set of axles six months after purchase, medicine cabinet fell off the wall, dinette bench door appear to be cardboard where the hinge and latch is screwed in - cardboard.

We purchase ours new with the Jayplus plan and so far between my dealership and Jayplus, I have not paid for anything out of pocket so that makes me happy - as long as that continues. I think we all know the key is make it your own and do things the right way, the way Jayco - the best selling camper on the market, should have done.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:38 PM   #32

I was very interested in a 28DSBH, but it was too far above my budget so I went with the 28BHBE. We did not purchase the extended warranty, my understanding is that we have the option up until the standard warranty expires (but not after). After the first two years, were there significant repairs needed? I am hoping that after we work out the kinks during the standard warranty period, we will have a few trouble free years afterwards until wear-and-tear starts to kick in.

I am confident that I can repair everything in the trailer other than the exterior siding, but the extended warranty is tempting because I can just drop it off and avoid the hassle!
motorbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 09:21 PM   #33

Hi,
I had the same thing happen to my 2017 jayflight 28bhbe, a screw caught the vinyl floor when the slide went out. what was your outcome to the ripped floor? do you have any pictures?
trashman is offline   Reply With Quote