Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-18-2018, 10:48 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 44
Broken Kitchen Faucet

Does anyone know the brand of the faucet in a 2016 Eagle 324BHTS?
The retractable handle is leaking. I don't want to replace the whole faucet if I can just buy the broken part.

Thanks!
__________________

__________________
____________________
2016 Eagle 324BHTS

2017 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax
lhpelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:06 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
wags999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Surprise
Posts: 2,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpelton View Post
Does anyone know the brand of the faucet in a 2016 Eagle 324BHTS?
The retractable handle is leaking. I don't want to replace the whole faucet if I can just buy the broken part.

Thanks!
Send your VIN to Jayco or ask your Jayco dealer. I found it easier to replace the faucet with one from Costco and got a nice upgrade along the way. While replacing I also installed shut off valves.
__________________

__________________
2011 Toyota Tundra double cab
2015 27RLS
wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:34 PM   #3
Site Team
 
norty1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 14,360
Agree, the big box replacement no matter what brand will be an upgrade.
__________________
Moderator
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:57 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
gypsmjim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Wheatfield
Posts: 429
I had the same problem and was ready to go to WM to get a new one. But then I sent an email to Jayco and they sent me a new one no charge. Didn't even have to bother the dealer and it took all of 2 minutes to install it.

Since its an on-demand system I only had to turn the pump off to do the install. No need for valves.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:27 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
cekkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pahrump
Posts: 2,679
They're junk. Go residential. Money well spent. I replaced our Eagles kitchen and bathroom faucets with residential and found an uptrend RV one for the shower. Space made that necessary.
__________________
'11 Eagle 320RLDS
'02 F350 PSD Dually 4WD
DW's Ride, '13 Expedition
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:03 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
rodro123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Agree, the big box replacement no matter what brand will be an upgrade.
1 Year before we traded in our 2011 Jayco we replaced the facet with one from Home depot. That was a big improvement over the one that Jayco used before. It was a easy drop in replacement any and all will work.
__________________
Rod & Linda From Wisconsin
1- Labs (Ronnie)
2018 Eagle 330 RSTS
2015 Chevy Silverrado 2500
14,000#/1400 Equal-i-zer 4-way sway bars
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:20 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
gypsmjim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Wheatfield
Posts: 429
We just remodeled the kitchen in our house. The contractor advised strongly against H-D faucets because many are "economy" versions of name brand fixtures, often made with plastic parts. We ended up buying from a plumbing supply store and got the exact SKU that was on the manufacturer's web site. The cost increase wasn't worth talking about.

Having said that, I don't see the need to just go out and replace the cheepie that came with the trailer just to replace it. If it broke and NEEDED to be replaced, then sure buy an upgrade if its not under warranty and you have to spend money on it anyway.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:57 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dale Hollow Lake Tn/Ky
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsmjim View Post
We just remodeled the kitchen in our house. The contractor advised strongly against H-D faucets because many are "economy" versions of name brand fixtures, often made with plastic parts. We ended up buying from a plumbing supply store and got the exact SKU that was on the manufacturer's web site. The cost increase wasn't worth talking about.

Having said that, I don't see the need to just go out and replace the cheepie that came with the trailer just to replace it. If it broke and NEEDED to be replaced, then sure buy an upgrade if its not under warranty and you have to spend money on it anyway.
The reason to replace "before" is that when it breaks you will likely be in a CG somewhere and will have to shut down the water until you fix it. Replacing fiaucets is a simple and quick fix and much easier to do at home.

I replaced the faucet in the bathroom asap after taking possession and the kitchen faucet last year when I upgraded to a double stainless sink.

Pick the faucets you want [I ordered mine online] and do it.
__________________

Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.